“Dirty”
Review of Motel 6 Salem

Motel 6 Salem
Ranked #17 of 24 Hotels in Salem
Reviewed October 7, 2009

I am currently staying with some friends here and after staying at the Motel 6 in Portsmouth I was expecting the same type of cleanliness. The motel has apparently just been renovated but it makes you wonder what exactly they did to renovate it. The motel that used to be here before was clean and decent and even had balconies for every room.
It looks good on the outside but as soon as you pass the reception lobby, there is a smell of urine everywhere. The elevators are old and smelly and the floor on which our room was smelled of cigarettes everywhere. We have a non smoking room yet there were cigarette butts all over the balcony which you can't access and the windows have no screens on them. The sheets and pillow cases have cigarette burns all over them and the cover between the sheet and bedspread was dirty and filled with human and pubic hair.
Our room smelled really bad as well and the walls and rim around the bath are yellow and stained as if coffee had been splattered all over them. The walls are so paper thin that you can actaully hear the conversation going on in the next room. while I was on the bed lying on the cover sheet I started to get itchy everywhere. I lifted the sheets to see if there could have been bed bugs but thankfully i didn't come across any.
I wouldn't stay here again and hope the next Motel 6 isn't as bad as this.I guess this is the perfect place is filth isn't a bother to you and you're looking for something cheap.

• Stayed: October 2009, traveled with friends
1  Thank kayjayMontreal

Reviewed August 10, 2008

I use to go to Motel 6 years ago in salem, and it was pretty nice, but this time, I couldn't believe the filth, and cigarette wholes all over the carpets. I had to check out 3 rooms, before one was 1/2 decent. Still the room wasn't very clean, toilet never cleaned as well, or the sinks, counters and bathtubs. Toilet even had left overs on the seat! How disgusting! But I had no other place to stay, and it was across the street from a place I like to go.
I ended up cleaning it myself.
After leaving, I called the manager, and he kept interrupting me telling me how they clean the rooms, etc. Not very nice to deal with at all. But finally he said I could get a room for free next time I stay. Hmmm. Should I? Will he keep his promise? I will let you know.

• Stayed: July 2008, traveled with friends
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1  Thank aparks50