“Fabulous Croque Madame”

Cuisines: French
Salem, Oregon
“Fabulous Croque Madame”
Reviewed December 25, 2012

We visited Napoleon's during a recent foray into downtown Salem to finish up our Christmas shopping. Our years of living in Europe keep us on the hunt for the tastes of that cuisine. We've eaten the crepes at Napoleon's in the past but decided to try the croque madame. We loved the sandwich and highly recommend just about anything on the menu. An added bonus--the servers at Napoleon's are always attentive, welcoming, and delightful.

• Visited December 2012

Salem
“Tasty Crepes!”
Reviewed December 16, 2012

My husband and I have been there twice now, and they have great service and great food. The pizza is AMAZING!! The crepes are also good. This used to be a small cafe and gelato shop but has recently expanded into a full italian restaurant. The decor is very authentic.

Visited November 2012
Salem, Oregon
“Sometimes bigger is better!”
Reviewed December 13, 2012

Since they punched out their space another 800 or 900 square feet, some months ago, to the northeast ground floor corner of the Reed Opera House into a nice dining room, their menu has expanded to include Soups, Salads, Sandwiches Crepes and Quiche.
We shared a bowl of fantastic French Onion Soup. ($6.50) It's as good as I've found in Salem. My bride had a Ham Crepe; Black Forest Ham, Gruyere Cheese, Spinach, Tomato and Dijon Mayo. ($9.50) She liked it. I had a Roma Grilled Panini Sandwich; a medley of cured Italian Meats, Provolone Cheese and Olive Tapenade on Ciabatta Bread. ($9.00) It was served with Chips. Sadly, the Bread was scorched in the Panini Grill. This fact flunked an otherwise good Sandwich.
The décor is rich and tasteful with sculptured fountains and granite table-topped booths. Lots of windows provide good views of the street outside, a fact which will be appreciated by fellow people watchers.
Our server, Anna, did a good and efficient job.
I'll come again just for the French Onion Soup and maybe a side of Bread and Butter.

• Visited April 2012
Oliver, Canada
“Excellent food and service”
Reviewed November 19, 2012

Two of us had dinner here while staying in Salem. The food was very good - well prepared and tasty. The service was helpful (in choosing wine) and prompt. The price was not too bad. I would recommend the restaurant.

• Visited November 2012
1 Thank Ed S
Salem, Oregon, United States
“love it!”
Reviewed November 12, 2012

When family or friends come to visit I love taking them here.
I love walking in for a coffee or Gelato for the evening and now she has a restaurant to sit at for lunch or dinner.
The salads are big and so are the creps .
I have tried almost everything here and it has satisfied me : )

My fav. Part is the seating out side,so European, love places like this that make your day special!

• Visited October 2012