“Usually very good, this time not so much”
Review of Sassy Onion

Sassy Onion
Ranked #17 of 535 Restaurants in Salem
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast
Description: Breakfast and lunch restaurant. Mainly famous for breakfast. Also a catering service, but they have a public, very popular restaurant.
Salem, Oregon
“Usually very good, this time not so much”
Reviewed December 8, 2013

My boyfriend and I did take out I had the biscuits and gravy meal. There wasnt much gravy and for sausage gravy there were no pieces of sausage. I subbed the eggs for hashbrowns which were dry, but the bacon was good aa always. My boyfriend had the pancakes which he liked very much but his sausage patty tasted like italian sausage something that shouls be in spaghett. Generally the foos is pretty good. Maybe thia was an off day.

• Visited December 2013

St Paul
“Sinfully delicious breakfast!”
Reviewed October 12, 2013 via mobile

The Sassy Onion has very inventive breakfast options. The French toast selections are decadent with portions that may require a doggy bag. Can be very busy on the weekends when there is an event at Willamette University.

• Visited October 2013
1 Thank Divamarketer
Oregon
“Reliably delicious breakfasts and lunches in the heart of Salem.”
Reviewed October 6, 2013

We eat here regularly when visiting our daughter at Willamette U. We have always had friendly, prompt service and above average to excellent meals.

• Visited October 2013
1 Thank Hortense
Oregon
“Good Inexpensive Lunch”
Reviewed September 29, 2013 via mobile

We tried to get in to Word of Mouth, which had an hour wait. Went to the Sassy Onion instead. We were not disappointed. Food was good and inexpensive. Breakfast selections were interesting but we were more in the mood for lunch. Garden burger was excellent and the onion beef burger was very good.

• Visited September 2013
Portland, Oregon
“Delicious! (And lots of Gluten Free options)”
Reviewed August 30, 2013

I first encountered the Sassy Onion at the "Bite of Oregon" festival and was really impressed by their gluten-free chicken strips and fish and chips. I went to the Salem location and found out that all of their fried foods, including onion rings, are gluten free! They even have gluten free french toast and sandwich options and have precautions to avoid cross contamination for celiacs. My sandwich was delicious, service exceptional, and the atmosphere was very nice! I would definitely recommend it!

• Visited August 2013

Been to Sassy Onion? Share your experiences!