“Poor service” 2 of 5 bubbles
Review of McGrath's Fish House - CLOSED

McGrath's Fish House
Cuisines: American, Seafood, Soups
Good for: Large groups
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Brunch, Highchairs Available, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff
“Poor service”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 29, 2014 via mobile

I haven't been there for a year, had mediocre service then and again this time. That's it for me. Server was rude and like we were a bother. I had the mgr get us a new waiter, so at least he did something about it, but I remember years ago I used to come here with my dad and we never had issues. Looking around, I also remember the restaurant being a lot busier...if they don't get friendlier, they will continue to lose business. Too bad, this restaurant's been here for awhile. I probably won't be back.

Visited January 2014

Portland Oregon
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“I was hesitant...”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 14, 2013

The first time I went to McGraths, the food was good, but for a time it did not seem to have the same freshness and I wasn't very happy with it, I hadn't been back in a couple of years but had to attend a luncheon there recently and was pleasantly surprised. They have turned around and the food was as I remembered it the first time I went. I even bought some bread to take home! I am happy to say I can recommend it again!

Visited June 2013
Georgetown, Texas
“good food, excellent value, highly recommended”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 3, 2013

Good seafood menu, good value, reasonable prices. Highly recommended. Two locations in Salem, with identical menus and prices.

Visited July 2013
Keizer, Oregon
“Father's Day with the kids at McGraths”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 25, 2013

Willamette River downtown on Chemeketa St. We like this location because it’s fun to sit outside and watch the downtown shoppers, then after the meal walk through the historic downtown area and enjoy a little more people watching. I typically get a combination of seafood such as scallops, clams, Prawns, etc. and I really enjoy that the breading on the clams as it is very light almost like you would find in a sushi restaurant. Even though it is a Fish House there is a full menu complete with burgers/sandwiches, Steaks, salads and of course lots of different desserts. The portions are quite ample so I rarely have room for dessert. If you have a hearty appetite it’s hard to beat a nice steak with a lobster tail. I find the prices to be very competitive and reasonable for the quality and quantity of food and the service is quick and friendly!

Visited June 2013
Redmond, Oregon
“What happened?”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 24, 2013 via mobile

After eatting here over the years, we have generally enjoyed each experience. This latest was not the case, and worse was the attitude of our server and management. Service was very slow. Two of our party ordered a Dijon crusted halibut. Both had a mushy coating and the fish was soft with no flavor. I ate 1/2 piece and the other eat one piece. Our server never came back to check on us and see how the meal was. My wife's fish was, at best, okay. The fourth person's fries were semi heated. When our server finally came by to clear our plates, she saw that very little had been eaten, but said nothing. I told her that our meals were unsatisfactory, but nothing else was said. No manager ever came by. We got our bills, but she never came back to take our cards. So, we took our cards to the front and met with a manager. Since our meals were poor and service lacking, I told him about our experience. He took our cards and bills and we thought maybe he would comp the two bad meals, but NO! He came back and said to me, "I assume your soup and bread were okay". He discounted my meal, and charged me over $5 for a cup of soup and bread !!!! The other party received nothing. His attitude was smug and we felt as if he thought we were trying to get free meals.

• Visited June 2013