“Usually better than at the coast” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of McGrath's Fish House - CLOSED

McGrath's Fish House
Cuisines: American, Seafood, Soups
Good for: Large groups
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Brunch, Highchairs Available, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff
Salem, Oregon, United States
“Usually better than at the coast”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 27, 2013

I've never had anything here that wasn't well prepared and quite tasty. The servers are friendly and prompt. This is the place I choose when I want good fish.

Visited February 2013

Boise, Idaho
“Great Value”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 23, 2013

I love this McGrath's Fish House. Never can make up my mind on what to have, so I always pick one of the specials. Never had a bad meal, ever. Service is excellent.

• Visited September 2012
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Dallas, Oregon
“always the best”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 8, 2013

seafood is always fresh and well prepped. Service is great. Have had probs. with not getting clean silverware but management said they would get it corrected. They have a great variety of fish and they have great salads. You get a list of what is fresh catch of the day.

Visited February 2013
Salem, OR
“McGrath's Never Lets Me Down”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 4, 2013

Having lived in Salem, Oregon, the birthplace of McGrath's, for 12 years I have been to the two locations in our town many, many times. And as my review title states, they never let me down. Some people talk negatively of this establishment, but I have never had a meal here that I didn't like. And most, I absolutely love. My fiance and I literally just back from a mid-day lunch there and were both VERY pleased with our meal.

I ordered the Alder Plank Salmon plate. Which came with a fresh and crisp garden salad. My fiance got the days special which was Bay Shrimp Carbonara. She upgraded her salad to a Blue, Cheese and Pear salad, which was SUPER yummy. It had nice big chunks of blue cheese, carmelized walnuts, spring salad mix, light dressing and chopped pears. Very delicious and again very fresh. My salmon was cooked with a Northwest Rub on it (the other choice is a lemon butter). It was a perfect sized portion, served with fresh veggies of broccoli and carrots steamed, and a generous helping of french fries.

I really like the sourdough type of bread that McGrath's serves with meals, the wait staff is always attentive to the needs (like refills of drinks, etc.), the food is always great tasting and great priced (plus they always have some sort of sale/deal, or coupons online, which makes it even more affordable). While this place can probably be compared to some of the "chains" like "Red Lobster" I still think their service, food, prices and charm of their decor make McGraths a location I will always frequent when we want a good night out (or good lunch) without breaking the bank.

P.S. If you are daring enough, their Mile High Mud Pie is OUT OF THIS WORLD...HUGE, HUGE SLICE so beware.

• Visited March 2013
Salem, Oregon, United States
“disappointing”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 28, 2013

Breakfast was mediocre. 3 tables occupied in the entire restaurant (8:30 a.m.) and I had to walk across the room 3 times to ask for coffee.

Went to the Lancaster Mall location for dinner -- again mediocre. How disappointing.

• Visited November 2012