“Excellent Choice!”
Review of Roberts Crossing

Roberts Crossing
Reserve with OpenTable
Roberts Crossing is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #29 of 539 Restaurants in Salem
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Reservations
Description: Phone: 503-584-1035
Salem, Oregon, United States
“Excellent Choice!”
Reviewed January 12, 2014 via mobile

We had not been to Robert's Crossing which has an out of the way but quaint location in south Salem. Very warm and inviting ambiance from the entry - we're immediately greeted by cheerful staff and shown to our table (we had reservations which are advisable since it was packed and on a Sunday night!). I had the blackened prawns which were delicious on a "bed" of delicately flavored mashed potatoes with mushrooms, carrots.....delicious! Also at our table, fresh halibut (all but licking of the plate occurred) and salmon.....all in our party were very satisfied! I will return!

Visited January 2014

“A Lovely Meal”
Reviewed December 29, 2013 via mobile

While visiting my parents for Christmas, we went to Roberts Crossing for dinner Friday evening and it was delightful. Our dinners were quite good and the atmosphere is charming, very warm & inviting. The owner, quite a friendly man, visited with us at our table and made the evening special. The only negative was our server, although very nice, seemed quite rushed the entire evening, even after we told her we were in no hurry and just wanted to enjoy a slow-paced evening. Still we will definitely return!

Visited December 2013
Salem, Oregon
“Quiet, relaxing experience”
Reviewed December 26, 2013

We dined at Roberts Crossing on a recent Tuesday evening and are looking forward to returning. The atmosphere was pleasant in the dining room, with wood and glass antique doors hung here and there from the ceiling to divide the room and add privacy in some areas. The soft lighting was calming. We were greeted warmly and given a table for two. We enjoyed the rustic French bread while we waited for our dinner. We both ordered their meatloaf with potatoes and lightly cooked vegetables. The meatloaf portions were even better than what my mother used to make, seasoned perfectly and topped with gravy and mushroom slices. Portions were large; we both took part of our dinners home. Our wait person was very attentive and placed extra gravy in little containers with our meatloaf in the take-home boxes. The well water was not to my liking, so they immediately brought chilled, bottled water to me to replace the glass of water. There was no room for dessert. We were very pleased with this restaurant!

• Visited December 2013
Lebanon, Oregon, Usa
“Absolutely wonderful! ”
Reviewed November 9, 2013 via mobile

Excellent food. Very friendly. Fast service. Romantic atmosphere. Nothing but good to say. Highly recommend.

USA
“Excellent food, service and atmosphere!”
Reviewed October 14, 2013

For a restaurant off the beaten path, this local gem is a hit in our book!. My husband and I enjoyed an unrushed, quiet and thoroughly enjoyable dinner here recently. We started with an appetizer of their warmed & tasty garlic and brie with an assortment of crackers and bread, then I had a yummy green salad with their delicious strawberry vinaigrette dressing. For the main course I enjoyed their Chicken Saltimboca ... (the best I've eaten), with a delectable wine sauce and served with freshly steamed veggies. What else can be said? This was wonderful!!

Our server was prompt, polite and spot-on the entire meal! She deserves kudos! ... but I forgot to get her name ... a tall dark-haired gal, definately experienced!

We are planning on going back soon ... and taking friends with us ...

I will say, this is probably our 4th or 5th time eating here for a nicer than usual meal, and EVERYTIME they have consistently served a delicious meal, provided great service in a comfortable setting.

IF there was any recommendation for improvement, I'd suggest they branch out with their background music ... the repeated Kenny G music did get old ... there are other instrumentalists that can be added to a nice dining experience. Other than that minor note, it was MOST enjoyable! Thank you!

• Visited October 2013