“Absolutely wonderful! ”
Review of Roberts Crossing

Roberts Crossing
Reserve with OpenTable
Roberts Crossing is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #32 of 543 Restaurants in Salem
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Reservations
Description: Phone: 503-584-1035
Reviewed November 9, 2013 via mobile

Excellent food. Very friendly. Fast service. Romantic atmosphere. Nothing but good to say. Highly recommend.

There are newer reviews for Roberts Crossing

Reviewed October 14, 2013

For a restaurant off the beaten path, this local gem is a hit in our book!. My husband and I enjoyed an unrushed, quiet and thoroughly enjoyable dinner here recently. We started with an appetizer of their warmed & tasty garlic and brie with an assortment of crackers and bread, then I had a yummy green salad with their delicious strawberry vinaigrette dressing. For the main course I enjoyed their Chicken Saltimboca ... (the best I've eaten), with a delectable wine sauce and served with freshly steamed veggies. What else can be said? This was wonderful!!

Our server was prompt, polite and spot-on the entire meal! She deserves kudos! ... but I forgot to get her name ... a tall dark-haired gal, definately experienced!

We are planning on going back soon ... and taking friends with us ...

I will say, this is probably our 4th or 5th time eating here for a nicer than usual meal, and EVERYTIME they have consistently served a delicious meal, provided great service in a comfortable setting.

IF there was any recommendation for improvement, I'd suggest they branch out with their background music ... the repeated Kenny G music did get old ... there are other instrumentalists that can be added to a nice dining experience. Other than that minor note, it was MOST enjoyable! Thank you!

Reviewed October 6, 2013 via mobile

Have been wanting to go here for a long time & finally got the opportunity. My wife & I went without the kids which is a must unless your kids are in to fine dining.
My wife had the blue cheese steak salad & I had the flat iron steak & both were delicious. The food, the service, presentation & ambience were all fantastic. The only thing I felt that could have been better was portion size. I know fine dining restaurants don't heap the food on your plate, but my steak was so good I certainly could have enjoyed more of it & the Yukon mashed potatoes & green beans it was served with were tasty, but sparse.
Certainly worth the dining experience, but won't be a place we visit frequently.

Reviewed September 24, 2013

We decided to try Roberts Crossing for my mom's 71st birthday. We'd been there before when it was a different restaurant so we thought we'd give it a try. Were seated immediately by Jim and our server showed up fairly promptly. There were several large tables that appeared to have just finished and were leaving. Not an overly busy night for a Thursday at around 7 pm. The interior is nicely decorated, although sparse - a great atmosphere for a cozy dinner for two or a family meal.

We ordered and within a reasonable period of time the appetizer arrived. Then the wait was on. My brother went through 3 soda's before the meal arrived. I notice after about 35 minutes the couples who was seated after us were already getting their meal so I inquired of the status of our meal with the waitress, who pretty much by now had forgotten about us. She came back and said "they'd been slammed" and it would be about 5 more minutes. Having run a restaurant before, I know "slammed" when I see it and they weren't slammed - particularly when the other tables sat after us were getting their dinner (although they had a different server).

Food finally shows up after 40 minute of waiting - brother's meal - ginger salmon was ok. Veggies were slightly cold (sign they've sat in the window too long). Mom had a chicken dish and her food was slightly cold too. She reported it was ok as well. I had salad so how can you screw that up? We elected to not have a dessert and didn't drink any liquor. We probably walked out with a $50+ bill for just a few sodas and a dinner. If you want a dinner salad or soup - add $4 bucks. Really, must be a special soup for $4!

While the waitress was "sorry" for the wait, there wasn't much mention of it and management certainly wasn't notified of the wait. Under my supervision, I would have made sure to stop by the table and offer a discount or dessert for the wait time. The waitress didn't seem like she was too interested in being there so maybe it was our unlucky draw.

Over all the food was ok. If given a choice to go again, not sure it would be top on our list.

1  Thank CrabLegend
Reviewed September 19, 2013

You might not be able to tell from the outside, but this is very nice restaurant. Folks from shorts to suits are welcome here. Good wine list, and lots of variety on the menu. Service was probably 5 starts, so I would give it a 4 1/2 if i could.

1  Thank JACoppo