“Nice Dinner”
Review of Roberts Crossing

Roberts Crossing
Reserve with OpenTable
Roberts Crossing is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #17 of 586 Restaurants in Salem
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Reservations
Description: Phone: 503-584-1035
Reviewed September 19, 2013

You might not be able to tell from the outside, but this is very nice restaurant. Folks from shorts to suits are welcome here. Good wine list, and lots of variety on the menu. Service was probably 5 starts, so I would give it a 4 1/2 if i could.

1  Thank JACoppo

Reviewed August 25, 2013

Roberts Crossing is a nice out-of-the-way Salem restaurant along the river. We ate on the patio with nice weather, although passing trucks occasionally were noisy. The service was quite good, with an attentive and informative server. We had steamer clams for an appetizer, which were wonderfully garlicky and plentiful. I had blackened shrimp for an entree, which was okay, but a bit of a disappointment- I was expecting some Cajun spice, but mostly got just cooked shrimp with some red bell peppers in a non-spicy orange sauce served over mashed potatoes that were heavily buttered and therefore somewhat greasy. My husband had the flatiron steak, which was properly cooked and tasty, but also served with potatoes that were swimming in enough butter to require an immediate increase in his Lipitor dose :) We both had dinner salads, which were fresh, crispy, and served with nice dressings. I took home the cheesecake for a later dessert, which was quite nice. Overall, it was a good dinner, but I think they could improve on their uses of spices and not depend on tasty butter to sell their dishes.

2  Thank TravelVet61
Reviewed July 30, 2013

Excellent food. The outdoor space was very relaxing though the road noise at times was loud. Service was good but not stellar. Overall a great place.

1  Thank Katie C
Reviewed July 22, 2013 via mobile

We have stopped twice in the last two weeks. Service has been great both times and having different meals each time, all have been excellent. The food was hot with warm bread. Our meals last night were large enough that we had them for dinner tonight. This is a quaint old building that I can remember as the old Roberts General Store. It has some of the old wood floors. Owners did a great job of making it a great place to stop on the way home or walk over from home.

Reviewed July 14, 2013

My wife and I enjoyed our second stop for dinner here after a round of golf in south Salem. We enjoyed dinner on their deck which made for a great summer evening. The food was outstanding. My wife had their nightly special which was a ling cod served in a blackberry and lemon sauce. I had a flatiron steak with gorgonzola cheese sauce over Yukon gold mashed potatoes. For dessert, I had the best 3 cheese cheesecake I have ever eaten.

Our server was great. We wanted to linger over our cocktails before ordering dinner, and she kept a watchful but not obtrusive eye on us so we could order our dinners when we were ready. We will definitely be back!

1  Thank Tom E