“Not going back...”

14 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 19 helpful votes
“Not going back...”
Reviewed January 3, 2014

I had enjoyed the movie experience here. Like the beverage choices, lots of leg room. However, lately we have been very unhappy and I am not returning. The service is unfriendly, slow, and inattentive - that is until they want their check. I ordered food and they took it away before I was done (swooped in so quickly I couldn't call them back). The popcorn is $8.00 for a shallow, medium sized bowl and it wasn't nearly "topped off". When I asked for more, they said, "That is the portion." Really?...the profit margin for POPCORN doesn't allow for a decent "portion"? I don't like the food and beverages come at different times...especially when the beverage comes long after the popcorn (THIRSTY). I'll be doing my movie going elsewhere.

Visited December 2013
2 Thank Jaxwolf

Portland, Oregon
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Fun but expensive”
Reviewed December 14, 2013

My husband and I went and we really enjoyed ourselves. The tickets were more then a typical theater and the food and drink was in my opinion overpriced for the quality we got. I would definitely go again as you had TONS of leg room and I am always up for a milkshake during a movie.

Visited November 2013
1 Thank Katydid1621
Brookings, Oregon
6 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 65 helpful votes
“Gross”
Reviewed June 6, 2013 via mobile

What an exciting concept. This place could be fabulous but it is so run down its gross.
from the moment you walk in the door it smells like stale urine. The restrooms were disgusting. The theater and tables were....sticky and smelled like....urine. The waitress went to hand me the menu and literally had to peel it off the table. I ordered popcorn ($7) and it came in a big beat up metal bowl.
I was distracted from the movie by the horrible smell.
At least the employees were nice.

Visited June 2013
3 Thank pamela c
Dallas, Oregon
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 6 helpful votes
“This is a business...not an employee hangout!”
Reviewed May 28, 2013

I really love the idea of going to a movie, having lunch or dinner and perhaps even indulging in an adult beverage. And when Cinebarre opened in Salem, I was all over that. Every time I have been here, most things are just fine. However, the last time I went, I had to wait about 5 minutes for the bartender to come back to the bar after finishing up his conversation with two other employees. And yes, I know 5 minutes isn't a long time, but again...this is a place of business! The movie I saw only had two other people in it, and since it was a matinee flick, on a Monday, there wasn't a lot of people in house anyway. There should not have been any reason for my order to take more than an hour to get to me and I am quite sure that quiet voices should be used by employees when they are walking in the theater as to not disturb the movie watchers. I am uncertain if I will be back to this establishment in the future as there is a competitor down the road and another competitor about 45 minutes away in Portland.

Visited April 2013
1 Thank CS_Police
Salem, Oregon
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 25 helpful votes
“Novel concept”
Reviewed May 28, 2013

The concept alone (tho not the first in Salem), is a fantastic idea. I am not an alcoholic, but when I watch a movie, I prefer to be at home. With the comforts of home. This often might mean, a cocktail or two. Now, having a nice place to watch movies, order food, and drinks, is something that puts my butt back in the seat.
After paying for the movie, I feel like some of the food items are over priced. But the wine prices seem to be spot on, or at the least, close. The wine selection is impressive. Not big by any means. But they do carry a nice variety of each type. That is something I can appreciate.
Considering how many people the runners/serves have to handle. I feel like they do a pretty good job. It is more complex than your standard sit down. I have yet to have a negative experience.

Visited October 2012