All reviews bedroom suite full kitchen toilet handle waffles waffle machine manager on duty front desk staff rooms are comfortable sofa bed basketball tournament business traveler great room quiet location quiet room complimentary breakfast great customer service fitness room
Reviewed April 12, 2018

This Residence Inn is very central in Salem and easy access to I5. Carlos checked me in and he was so friendly and accommodating. made sure I got my water and snack for being a Silver member. The rooms are very clean and the beds/pillows are super comfortable, this is the most important part of any hotel stay. i recommend this hotel for business or leisure.

Date of stay: April 2018
  • Trip type: Traveled on business
Julie M, General Manager at Residence Inn Salem, responded to this reviewResponded April 13, 2018

Dear jenshaw68,

Thank you so much for taking the time to review your stay at the Residence Inn Salem! We are delighted to hear that you had a great experience and we hope to serve you again when you return to Salem.

Reviewed April 4, 2018

First of all, the staff is so accommodating and nice. And this review is no reflection on the wonderful customer service at this hotel. That said, I have stayed in nicer Super 8 motels. This Residence Inn is such a dump. The beds are soft, with no support. The carpet is dirty. Much of the upholstery is stained. It just felt dirty in the room due to its run-down condition. I don't know why Marriott would keep this hotel in its portfolio. Put it this way, we stayed in a Residence Inn in Portland the next night and it was literally like night and day. It was the same, exact room, but a newer, cleaner and nicer version.

• Trip type: Traveled with family
Julie M, General Manager at Residence Inn Salem, responded to this reviewResponded April 5, 2018

Dear Colcarkaren,

Thank you for your review. We are an older property in need of an update. We have been informed we will receive a renovation in 2019. Thank you for your comments regarding the staff. They are great and they genuinely care about our guests.

Reviewed April 3, 2018 via mobile

The hotel can probably use some renovation or upgrades, but it was a decent place to stay. The walls are very thin as I was able to hear water running in other rooms, toilets flushing, etc. Staff are extremely friendly. One thing to note: USE THE BATH MAT! The tubs here are an older style and slanted inward on the edges inside the tub, so there isn’t much of a flat surface when you step into the tub. I almost slipped (I am not old) and banged my shin on the tub...one of those cursing moments. Overall good place to stay.

Date of stay: April 2018
Trip type: Traveled on business

Dear Patrick W,
Thank you for your review. We are an older property in need of a renovation. We will be receiving one next year. I am so glad that you found the staff accommodating and friendly. We hope you will come and see us again soon.

Reviewed April 3, 2018

Our room was on the second floor it felt like our room was the only hotel occupied - it was sooo quiet. The bed was like sleeping on a cloud and we wanted to stay longer. It literally took 4 minutes to get to the highway to get to our shows in Eugene and then Saint Helens. The staff was so nice and responded to every request we had. We will be back!!

Room tip: excellent property and very clean!
Trip type: Traveled on business

Dear HerronEntertainment,

Thank you for your review. I am so glad you enjoyed your experience and we look forward to seeing you next time!

Reviewed March 28, 2018

While this hotel is in desperate need of a face lift (and I was told this would happen in 2019), the staff is excellent. Tim was particularly welcoming and helpful. It's great that they serve breakfast too!

• Trip type: Traveled with family
2  Thank erin B
Julie M, General Manager at Residence Inn Salem, responded to this reviewResponded March 30, 2018

Dear erin B,

Thank you for your review. I am so glad that Tim and the rest of the staff took great care of you. Yes, 2019 is our year! We are looking forward to our renovation.

We look forward to seeing you again!