Literally. If you are looking to ditch the stereotypical hotel stay with cold lobbies, rooms that look like the starch has viciously attacked everything, and the elevator smells like bleach, then the Marriott Residence Inn is perfect!
Don't get me wrong-the place is spotless! But the staff go above and beyond expectations to make this place feel like your home away from home. From the choice in paint color to the fact that they put a bag of popcorn in your room for you to munch down on in front of the flat screen TV with the best channel selection in the area, this place rocks.
The staff jump at the opportunity to earn your business. A call down to the front desk for coffee and sugar means that one of the housekeeping staff will be at your door in less than 5 minutes with 4 packets of your coffee (yes, they even ask if you would like decaf or regular!), and a ton of cream and sugar. My heart soars everytime I walk through these doors-they leave nothing unthought of either.
All dishes are cleaned before you arrive, and in case they aren't all too clean, they leave dish soap, dish machine soap, etc for you to clean if you want. Of course, the disclaimer on the machine says to call them and they will do it for you. But, heck, why would you do such a thing when they are all smiles and say things like "We are happy you are staying with us!". And, then you realize, wow, a hotel actually appreciates my business!
From towels to sheets, fireplaces to the oven in the room, I can't think of a better place in town to spend your money. Sure, it might be a little spendy. But, then again, I have no issue paying the price if it means the staff continue to be employed here, because they are the best in Salem.
If you gain anything from this review, take this away. The Marriott brand is known for hospitality and luxury. And this place does them proud. You won't shed a single tear dishing out the cost for one of these rooms because, quite frankly, its the only place in town where you are welcome, and they make you feel that way from the minute you walk through the doors!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Our extended stay Salem, Oregon hotel keeps you connected with free Wi-Fi and expanded cable Stay productive at your large, well-lit desk with convenient outlets and our business center Fully furnished kitchens with full-size appliances, cookware, dinnerware and utensils New bedding collection includes luxurious cotton linens, designer covers and fluffier pillows One of the only pet friendly hotels in Salem, Oregon; $100 non-refundable sanitation fee One and two-bedroom suites at the Residence Inn Hotel in Salem, OR are ideal for groups or families ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Priceline, Travelocity, Expedia, Booking.com, Marriott, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Cancelon, TripOnline SA, Hotwire, Cheap Tickets and HotelQuickly so you can book your Residence Inn Salem reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Residence Inn Salem Hotel Salem
- Salem Residence Inn
- Residence Inn Salem Oregon