“Off the I-5 and next door to Costco's...”

Residence Inn Salem
Ranked #8 of 24 Hotels in Salem
Reviewed October 31, 2012

Stayed here 5 nights, Oct. 5th thru 9th. Party of 3 Adults.

Excellent location off the I-5 (Exit 253) and right next door to Costco. Friendly service through out, from Front Desk, Housekeeping and Breakfast Bar attendants.

1 bedroom room (#113) was perfect for (3) adults. Everything was in working order and as always, we love the full-kitchen and the ample space, not available in your normal hotel room.

My only negative comment, not only for this RI, but most RI's around the county, is the placement of the bathroom in the bedroom. For a family, this should not be a problem with children walking in and out of the bedroom, but for adults, not related, walking into the bedroom maybe a bit uncomfortable, especially late at night.

We would definitely recommend this property, especially for Oregon State parents visiting their children in Corvallis. Its just a short 1-hour drive down the I-5. Lots of shopping and food establishments nearby...

Room Tip: With the I-5 Freeway next door, choosing a 1st floor room maybe quieter, with the landscape and buil...
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank SGerard_S84

Reviewed October 26, 2012

We booked this on Priceline for $62 so I wasn't expecting a lot. What a nice surprise when we arrived. After reading other reviews we made sure to get a room away from the freeway and it was like we had our own little apartment for the weekend. Loved the separate bedroom and the bed was so comfortable I slept even with a bad back. We will definitely return to this hotel.

Room Tip: Get a room away from the freeway side and we always ask for a room away from the elevators.
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 19, 2012

I haven't stayed at a Residence Inn in a while. In the past, when traveling on business, I found Residence Inn properties very pleasant, particularly for extended stays.

In the case of my stay in Salem, I was vacationing and planning on visiting wineries in the vicinity. The Residence Inn was very comfortable. Based on this property's location it is clearly aimed at the business traveler. Having said this, it worked great for my vacation outing - and as I was staying on Saturday and Sunday nights the rate was excellent. The property appears to be new (certainly fairly new) and the lobby area and the room were very visually attractive. My room was large as is typical for a Residence Inn - basically a studio suite. Although we did not need it, the sofa can be converted in to another bed.

Having a kitchen/microwave/frig/etc was a nice bonus. Plenty of room to eat take-out , or to keep some just purchased Oregon Pinot Gris cold and store food for a picnic. Note - make sure you're ice-maker in the freezer is turned on when you check-in or cocktails may be delayed!

Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Illahee3103
Michael S, General Manager at Residence Inn Salem, responded to this reviewResponded October 25, 2012

Dear valued guest,
Thank you for your wonderful feedback on your recent stay with us while here in Salem. We are happy that you had a great time vacationing and visiting the local valley wineries. We appreciate your review of the amenities that we have to offer. We look forward to serving you again should your travels bring you back to Salem, Oregon.

Reviewed September 19, 2012

I was able to stay here using a free night award. The hotel was great and the front desk staff was outstanding. I was amazed the free night award allowed me to stay in a two-bedroom suite, with the bedrooms on opposite sides of the living room. There were three of us traveling to visit someone in Mcminville, OR. After checking in and seeing how nice it was, I asked the front desk if I could reserve any room for the next night (at regular rate or AAA rate), but it was fully booked due to the Memorial Day holiday weekend.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank CADirk
Reviewed August 23, 2012

We were on our way back from the Oregon Coast and spent the night in Salem. This was a really comfortable, well equipped hotel. The room had a full kitchen baring an oven. You could easily cook a meal with the stove top and microwave. The full breakfast was amazing and there's a very nice pool. The proximity to the coast makes this a great stop along the way. It's also close to a great outlet mall in Woodbury, not to mention almost next door to a Costco! The Inn also has a decent size pool.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 22, 2012 via mobile

This was our first time staying at a Residence Inn - and it won't be our last. These rooms have everything - fridge, cooktop, micro, dishes - seperate bedroom - pullout sofa - a table to eat at etc. It was great for us and the 3 kids. The bed was comfy - hide-a-bed the kids slept on was springy and no so comfy. I'd buy a foam mattress pad for it if staying more than 1 night. The pool was small - but it's indoors and the kids had fun regardless. Breakfast was pretty good with hot food and fresh fruit. The French toast was hard - but good potatoes, eggs, a waffle maker, yogurt, cereal, apples, bananas, muffins, etc. they also have an evening reception w snacks and drinks M-W but we stayed on a sat so I can't review that. All in all a great stay - and we got a great rate on Priceline. The only bad things were the hallways on the 1st floor smell kinda funky - you can hear tvs through the room doors and the hide-a-bed wasn't that comfortable. I'd defiantly stay here again - and am looking at other residence inns for future stays in LA and Orlando!

• Stayed: August 2012
Reviewed August 18, 2012

I drove from Vancouver Canada to Anaheim (Disneyland) with my son, daughter in law and their two toddlers. We stayed at Residence Inns throughout our trip and were pleasantly surprised at all of the family friendly facilities. We stayed in two bathroom, two bedroom or two bedroom loft (well worth the extra few dollars if available) suites. Each suite was spacious and had a fully equipped kitchen, three flat screen TV's, free WiFi, in-room safe, individually controlled heating/air con, sofabed in the living area. Each Inn also had coin operated laundry facilities, swimming pool, free on-site parking, and included a full buffet breakfast.

Specifically with respect to Salem, we stayed two nights in July 2012. The staff were very friendly and helpful. At check-in we were provided with a list of restaurants, shops and banks located in the immediate area which was very helpful. The suite was clean and comfortable.

The buffet breakfast had an excellent selection. Various takeaway containers, including plastic plates and cutlery, were provided so that you could take your breakfast back to your suite (and also avoid using the in-suite dishes if you wanted). An excellent alternative when travelling with young children.

We enjoyed our stay in Salem and would certainly stay here again.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family