“Best Indian restaurant in Salem”

Taj Mahal Indian Restaurant
Ranked #352 of 568 Restaurants in Salem
Cuisines: Indian
Reviewed December 6, 2012

I visit Taj Mahal Indian Restaurant last week. The food was soooo good. I ordered Chicken Tikka Masala, Baingan Bharta, Palak Paneer, & Tandoori Chicken.Everything was fresh and fully cooked. The Garlic Nan was wonderful.The restaurant was clean and the service was excellent. The three waitresses ( sisters) they are wonderful. This Indian Restaurant is the best in Salem. I will definitely go back.

1  Thank johnbrad699

Reviewed November 27, 2012 via mobile

We ordered 4 dishes for takeout, all of them tasted like they had syrup in them- including the ones that were supposed to be spicy. When called, they said that sugar is put in all the food unless you tell them not to. I have NEVER heard of such a thing! Terrible food, will never go back.

1  Thank Pkan
Reviewed November 8, 2012

We ate dinner at Taj Mahal last night and it was delicious. It's true that the tablecloths are stained and should really be replaced ,but the food was fresh and seasoned well. The service was excellent. My husband thinks it is the best restaurant in Salem. It is one of my favorites. I will be back.

1  Thank Bakeries
Reviewed September 6, 2012

I love the Chicken Takka Masala! Oh my gosh. It is in a spicy creamy tomato sauce (that is so heavenly its indescribable) that is making my mouth water writing it down. I think I am going to have to get it tonight now haha.

I like to order it ahead & go in to pick it up, they give you a 10% discount on your whole order if you take it to go. (Plus you get more food I think, the containers are larger than the dishes)
I usually get the plain or garlic nan bread, oh my god its so soft and chewy.
Along with the Masala they give you a container of basmati rice that has peas & stuff in it.

The young ladies that run the front counter are very sweet & helpful, they will get you extra anything if you ask for it. The restaurant itself has a old un-updated feel to it, thus another reason its nice to take food home, but its quiet and dimly lit if you prefer to have an intimate date night with your S/O.

3  Thank TravelinRangerChick
Reviewed August 29, 2012 via mobile

This is a great little find. I have had the lunch buffet a handful of times and it never fails to satisfy. The selection is not huge but if you grab a little of this and a little of that it is perfect. It is not the best Indian food that I have ever had but it is always fresh and the young ladies that work there are always smiling and attentive. At about 7 bucks it is a terrific value!

1  Thank HeatherLea70