“So tasty and fresh”

Taj Mahal Indian Restaurant
Ranked #330 of 544 Restaurants in Salem
Cuisines: Indian
Reviewed July 25, 2012

This place is wonderful. Lunch buffet includes your drink. Also can do a to-go box. Very fresh tasting. They had a rice pudding to die for. If you like Indian and Curry dishes you will love this place. I actually didn't go until about 1PM but it was really filled up with people.

2  Thank k F

Reviewed June 22, 2012

The crispy garbanzo bean chips were interesting. Lot's of great ethnic choices. Everything was tasty.

Reviewed June 20, 2012

I don't know, maybe I was just having a bad food day, but I was extremely dissapointed in the quality and presentation of the food and the cleanliness of the restaurant. I was taking my daughter out to lunch and we love Indian food but between the two of us we could only find one thing that we liked. And our tablecloth was extremely dirty with big spots of spilled food, albeit covered by plastic placemats. Also the food in the chafing dishes on the buffet weren't even being kept warm ...the heaters underneath were off. I believe this is a health violation as hot food is supposed to be a certain temperature and this food was not at the right temperature. This is a place I will NOT go back to.

1  Thank CaboQueen
Reviewed April 23, 2012

In a town lacking ethnic diversity in restaurants this is a refreshing surprise. My wife and I had lunch at Taj Mahal on a Saturday. The buffet wasn't offered so we ordered off the menu. I had chicken tika masala and my wife had the chicken vindaloo. The tika masala was excellent! Very spicy and the chicken was tender. I thought the vindaloo was good as well, but my wife said she prefers the vindaloo at India Palace. To me the vindaloo here seemed fresher but to each their own. The service was very good and prompt. The restaurant itself didn't have much atmosphere for an Indian place, but all in all we had a nice experience. I thought the portions were a little small for the price though at least compared to India Palace, but I'd eat here again.

1  Thank RicV
Reviewed March 22, 2012

I used to take my lunch home” take away” . You can take as much as you want and can eat it twice if you would like so. Their bread is soft and yammi, their food is spicy but delicious. I almost like all the types they offer in a buffet especially the chicken with spinach.

1  Thank Ardem-12