“One of the lowest scoring Marion County Health Inspection Scores in Salem”
Review of Orupa Restaurant

Orupa Restaurant
Reserve with OpenTable
Orupa Restaurant is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #109 of 535 Restaurants in Salem
Cuisines: American, Italian
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Late Night, Dinner, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Liberty
Keizer, Oregon
“One of the lowest scoring Marion County Health Inspection Scores in Salem”
Reviewed August 28, 2012

This place had one of the lowest scoring Marion County Health Inspection Scores in Salem. It was a 79 on 1/13/12 with no soap in the bar area for employees to wash their hands and a low score in the holding area of food not being at the proper temperatures. Wish they could get their act together as this is a very nice venue and I will not go back until their score greatly improves.
They also need to work on their service. So much potential but a lack of leadership and direction.

• Visited March 2012
2 Thank Golflady2010
Golhak, Owner at Orupa Restaurant, responded to this review, February 23, 2014
We are new restaurant and all our equipments are brand new, our latest score is 100 and we have never deduct any score as food violation, we have very low turn over in our staff and we are in business in salem since 1981. Sorry for bad experience but your statement is far from truth.

Salem
“Embarassed”
Reviewed August 19, 2012

I took some clients here for a celebratory lunch before we finalized our transaction at Fidelity. I wanted to show my appreciation for them choosing me at their Realtor by taking them to a nice lunch. We arrived at 11:30 and had an appointment upstairs at 1pm. I thought that would be plenty of time, but that proved to be wrong. We did not have our order taken for 20 minutes and it was not very busy, not even a big group in the back room. When ordering, they were out of asparagus and tomatos, which are two items that are in many of their dishes. With options limited, we ordered. The wife ordered the pasta and it had way too much oil and tasted only of salt, the lamb burger special was liked by the husband, and my soup was just ok. We did not get our food until 12:50, ate fast, took some to go and was late for our appointment. I have had better experiences here, but this was no one of them. I suggest you go here but it is not consistant.

• Visited July 2012
1 Thank VanessaSalem
Salem, Oregon
“Interesting”
Reviewed July 9, 2012

The atmosphere is not what i would call intimate and can get a bit noisy on the weekend, but if you are open to a nice casual dining experience it's worth a visit. Service was OK, but our food and drink (wine and martini's) were both very good.

1 Thank cclark72
Newberg, Oregon
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Orupa Salem - Delicious, Excellent quality, and refreshing service”
Reviewed May 22, 2012

Dining at Orupa was an excellent experience from the service, the amazing food, and ambiance. I had the Spinach chicken salad for an entree which was so tender and tasty, I can't wait to go back. The waiter for kind and attentive, and the bartender made fabulous drinks. I highly recommend this restaurant for everything from happy to a date night.

1 Thank HappyNewbergMom
Salem, Oregon
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Not our place”
Reviewed May 16, 2012

My hubby and I went there yesterday to celebrate our anniversary. At first, the guy was a little friendly but he seems not happy when we told him that we do not drink. Another couple arrived and this guy spent 15 minutes with them before he finally came back to our table. The food was okay but the service is really poor. My hubby asked for more bread. We waited and waited and I finally called the lady . She told me that the bread is still in the oven. I told her we waited enough so don't worry about it but we want our bill. She went to this guy whose talking to the same couple and we waited another ten minutes before he finally assists us. Gee what a night to celebrate our anniversary. It was very dissappointing and we swear that we will not go to that place again. My friends and family asked us about our dinner date. Well, I told then to go to Bentleys………they know better!

1 Thank 52053Laisa