“Great atmosphere with outdoor seating area overlooking Pringle Park!”
Review of Gamberetti's

Gamberetti's
Ranked #34 of 537 Restaurants in Salem
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Oregon
“Great atmosphere with outdoor seating area overlooking Pringle Park!”
Reviewed July 21, 2013

We were pleasantly surprises with the outdoor seating area being so comfortable and enjoyable! Sitting outside, enjoying a glass of wine and company, looking upon the passerby's in the Pringle Park area all made this a great evening. The food was very good with the pasta dishes cooked perfectly al dente. The salads choices, especially the beet salad and the fennel salad were delicious. I would have to agree with the other TA posters that service was good but you could tell that they were inexperienced, which is too bad because I think this restaurant has great potential. Small things like trying to take salads away before we were finished and being over attentive waiting for us to order (we were not in a hurry!) were slightly annoying thus the poor service rating. However, it will not keep us from going back and I am sure they will get better!!

• Visited July 2013

common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“A great choice!”
Reviewed July 13, 2013

A lovely place for dinner - especially if it is nice weather and you can sit outdoors. It is the best porch seating! Very attentive server...enthusiastic if not just a bit unorganized. But, it did not seem to effect the overall experience. In fact, I liked that she up front warned us that food takes slightly longer than usual due to the "from scratch" experience (this was not our impression though). She was enthused about her recommendations, which I like, and had a lot of personal experience with the menu.
I had a Caprese salad and my son, a Caesar salad, to start - both excellent. My tomatoes were quite delicious organic multi-colored beauties...it was slightly heavy on the pesto and balsamic - but still very good. My son's Fettuccine Alfredo was excellent! A very light sauce on delicious pasta. I was surprised to hear that the "from scratch" did not extend to their own pasta - but beside that it was quite delicious. I had a wood-burned pizza - which I could not eat. Something was really "off" - and I am still not quite sure what it was. Overly herbed crust? It had Kalamata olives, capers, arugula, mozz & feta cheese, & marinara sauce...just didn't work for me. The waitress was a bit flustered by my honesty...and it took a minute for her to offer me a new entree. I declined but was glad I was offered the choice. The server told us that they were a year in this new location and perhaps a new chef (in the past year). The chef strives to use locally sourced produce - something I appreciate.
So, we would return for another dinner - and that about says it all. Sit outside, tell them to go light on the pesto on the Caprese salad, don't order the pizza - and dinner will be wonderful! Also, we found it to be very reasonably priced (of course, we are from Alaska so prices in Maui didn't not shock us! ).

• Visited July 2013
Eugene, Oregon
“Never coming back. This place is so ratchet.”
Reviewed June 30, 2013

I don't understand what's all the hype about this place. This place is just so ratchet. Ok, so one summer night, My family and I decided to try out this restaurant after reading the marvelous reviews. Big mistake.

First off, they brought out the main course before the appetizers. Almost ten minutes later after they brought out the main course, they decided to bring out the appetizers. My sister ordered the Bolognese and it wasn't heated thoroughly. Not only that, the meatballs in her Bolognese were very hard and dry. They were pretty much inedible! What a disappointment!

Once we were done with our meals, we basically sat there for 20 minutes waiting to receive the check. During those 20 minutes, we tried to get our waitress's attention to let her know that we were ready for the check. On one of those moments that she did notice us, she just totally ignored us and continued on with whatever she was doing. Rude. Once we finally got our check, we saw an item on there that we had ordered, but never got served to us. So we brought it up with her and she went to fix it with the help of her boss. Once we had received the REAL check, we asked her if she charged us the old cost (cost including the dish that we never got). Apparently, she didn't understand what was going on.

This restaurant seriously needs to train their staff. I have never witnessed this level of terrible service before. I am never coming back to this place.

Kelowna, Canada
“Fairly average”
Reviewed June 30, 2013

Went here with my girlfriend for dinner after being recommended from a nearby hotel. The restaurant had a great atmosphere, very romantic for a couples date. The patio seating looked very nice, although we sat inside.

The waitress was nice and attentive, although perhaps lacked experience. I asked for 2 glasses of water, 1 with ice and one without, and 2 glasses of wine. She returned with 2 glasses of water, both with ice. I corrected her, she then came back with the right water glasses, and the wine glasses, but put the ice in my wine.. She was very polite though an understanding and took the tiramisu off my bill when it wasn't to my liking.

The food was okay, priced very reasonably (especially coming from Canada!) I had the steak dinner (steak was cooked perfectly, although paired with penne and marinara sauce - kind of like you would get at a red robin? Not classy). Calamari was awful. Girlfriend had the mushroom risotto which wasn't very good and kind of soupy on the bottom. Tiramisu was too creamy. The lemon sorbet was really excellent though.

The restaurant was a bit below average. Salem is a pretty big city, I'm sure you would have no trouble finding another place to eat.

Palo Alto, California
“Terrible Service, Mediocre Food”
Reviewed June 27, 2013

We were there on the evening of June 21 to celebrate a birthday. I can honestly say that the service at this restaurant was perhaps the worst I've ever experienced, and my profession requires me to eat in restaurants all over the world probably 200+ times per year.

The waitress showed up fairly promptly, but that was the only time. She only brought our drinks after multiple requests, and she had the order wrong. She got the two of the four dinner entrees wrong. She said she would bring bread, but didn't, and that was only brought when I grabbed another waiter and asked them to bring some bread. It took a long time to get the orders corrected.

At one point I asked for the manager to come to the table, but he never did show up.

The food itself was mediocre. I myself had the cioppino, which was made with an insipidly sweet and bland red sauce. It tasted like the cheapest brand of spaghetti sauce from a down-market supermarket.

I did speak to the manager on the way out, and he said that if we'd said something earlier, maybe he could have done something for us. At this point I was too exasperated to point out that we had asked for the manager earlier, but no-one came.

I'll never go to this dump again.

2 Thank Joseph D