“Fresh and flavorful ingredients.” 3 of 5 bubbles

The Pita Pit
Ranked #145 of 533 Restaurants in Salem
Cuisines: American, Fast Food, Greek
Good for: Dining on a budget, Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Lunch, Delivery, Seating, Takeout, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: Franchise.
Salem, Oregon
“Fresh and flavorful ingredients.”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 2, 2012

Think Subway with Pita rather than standard rolls, and you'll have a firm grasp in what to expect here. They serve a lot of tasty food for the money.

The decor is a little perplexing for grown-ups, with anthropomorphized Vegetables painted on the walls. No quite sure what they're going for here, but there it is.

The help could hardly be termed enthusiastic. One of them had more ink than the Sunday Statesman-Journal, but such are the times we live in.

All in all, my lunch was a good value and I enjoyed it.

Visited November 2011

Salem, Oregon
“Healthy food for a great price!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 12, 2011

The Pita Pit in Salem consistently serves fresh healthy food at a reasonable price. The staff is the friendliest in town and I plan to return again and again!

• 3 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank Cindy503
Salem, Oregon
“Far Better than Subway or Quizznos”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 18, 2011

My family has fallen in love with this restaurant. It outdoes Subway 1000 times. I had the chicken ceaser and it was absolutely delicious. I love how they cook the meat in front of you and the quality of the meat was far better than any fast food place. Side note though I asked for extra meat and it was almost too much food to eat : ) So unless you have a big appetite I wouldn't recommend asking for extra : )

• Visited August 2011
Walla Walla, Washington
“I'm kinda addicted to this place.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 30, 2011

I think over the course of a couple of years I've tried almost everything on their menu. My favorite is the hummus. The veggies are fresh and the sauces are good. I could eat here every week and at times I have. Try to find coupons or get a punch card to save some money. If you go for lunch, don't go at noon unless you want to stand in line. In the evenings they like to rock out a little, but they take requests.

• Visited January 2011
Salem, Oregon
“consistently fresh food in a friendly, clean environment”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 28, 2010

The Pita Pit has become my go-to lunch destination. Whenever it is my turn to choose the restaurant, this is where I go. I adopted a healthier lifestyle two and one half years ago and the food at the Pita Pit deserves recognition as one of the main reasons I have been able to stick with it. I can get a great turkey pita crammed with veggies for only 7 Weight Watchers points! The staff is incredibly helpful and friendly, and I always leave happy! I give this location of the Pita Pit my very highest recommendation!