“Good place for children”
Review of NW Kids Club - CLOSED

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
NW Kids Club
More attraction details
Owner description: We are a Socialization Center and Private SchoolWe teach children ages 2 - 6FrenchSpanishEnglishSign LanguageMannersSocial SkillHow to deal with conflict situations Communicating EffectivelyMath
Reviewed November 30, 2012

My grand children have been here many many times and I have observed them in group playing as well as just playing alone. Great staff.

2  Thank jeannecass

Reviewed April 4, 2012

I had never been here before but it had been raining all day and my son really needed to get out of the house so we decided to give it a try. It took forever to get checked in and the guy
helping people check in was not friendly. This location out in South Salem is NOT CLEAN. (Pretty sure they wouldn't pass an inspection and if they did it would be very low.)The toys are not well maintained and the "carpet" is disgusting! There are two small rooms; A princess room and a train room. In the Train room they have outlet covers on the outlets but then there is a open phone jack outlet not being covered. The walls are not clean either. The 3 women that you would have no idea were the care takers were rude and paid no attention to the kids. When it was lunch time/ Snack time they sent the kids on their own to go get their lunch boxes where no one was supervising them. The 3 minutes i was sitting on the bench near the bathrooms two little boys ran into each other and the boy that fell down hit the other boy for running into him and ran away and left crying and the "Teacher" told him to stop crying. Then all of a sudden another boy runs around the corner and has a bloody nose, in shock and can barley catch his breath. I had to say excuse me miss that little boys nose is bleeding and she was like huh? Then was like Oh, what happen? Grabbed the little boy by his arm ( I'd say he was 4) and pulled him into the office. She was so careless and had no sympathy for this little boy. I honestly wanted to slap her because if someone ever treated my son like that i would not be happy. I'm curious as to what she told his parents when they picked him up? She has no idea what happened because no one was watching the children go and fetch their lunches. I would never recommend any parents leaving their children with these people! Unfortunately Salem does not have a lot to offer so if you do choose to go their stay with your child!

8  Thank Bns89
Reviewed February 16, 2012

I took my children to the NW Kids Club many times at their old location and a few times since they moved. I have to say that I must echo the other comments on here about the absolutely terrible management. I would definitely not trust my kids alone there in the dayschool program, as I have seen the workers angrily yell at those kids on a number of occasions. One of the owners even yelled (verging on screaming) at my 4-year-old son for climbing up the slide. Also, up to an hour before they close, they will start picking up the toys and get angry if your children play with any toys the workers have already organized. I no longer take my kids here because of the rude management, and I must agree with the other commentor that it is so strange to have people that seem to hate kids in the daycare/kid entertainment industry. The only reason I gave this place a "poor" instead of a "terrible" rating is because it is really one of the only indoor playgrounds in Salem for those on a budget besides fast food joints. For slightly more money though, I would still rather take the kids to the A.C. Gilbert House any day (and actually the Gilbert House is cheaper with a special discount if you are on food stamps, WIC, etc.).

7  Thank beatkeeper
Reviewed January 23, 2012

Since moving to this location they have REALLY gone DOWNHILL.... They were rude and acted as if I was bothering them by wanting to enter with my children. I waited patiently at the front to be let in for several minutes and when the owner/employee came to the desk she was very rude. I also went to a private party there and had the same type of experience. It was not very clean either. They are not kid friendly and made me feel as if I was an inconvience. I was planning on buying a membership but will not give ANY more money to this business. I was shocked that a place that is for KIDS would be so unfriendly and unhelpful.

10  Thank 6AMarie
Reviewed November 19, 2011

Not a Pleasant Experience . OWNERS ARE RUDE. Not Nice. Fake personality to your face. Very Rude to the kids, THEY DIDN'T KNOW I WAS THERE. VERY HEARTLESS AND CRUEL. Over charging. I will never go back!!!

12  Thank Marry J