“Great meal at a hotel restaurant? YES!”

Willamette Valley Grill
Ranked #106 of 542 Restaurants in Salem
Cuisines: American, Seafood, Steakhouse, Bar
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: 32nd Pine NE
Transit: #17 Salem-Keizer Transit
Description: We commit ourselves to creating the best experience for our guest as we put our heart and soul in our food,using the freshest ingredients. Our Restaurant & Bar elevates dining for locals and wine tourists alike. Situated in Northeast Salem, just 2.3 Miles from the Capitol.Our Northwest Inspired Cuisine is a great addition to the local Oregon culinary scene.
Reviewed June 13, 2013

The only reason we decided to have dinner here was because we were too tired after traveling to leave the hotel. We were in for a great surprise! They have a really nice wine list including some great local selections. For an appetizer, my husband ordered the crawfish and crab cakes which came with a zesty sauce and nice salad greens. Then for dinner, the bison bolognese over pappardelle pasta. I ordered a house salad which was very fresh and was made with a baby lettuce mix, and I tried several bites of my husband's meal. It was all delicious. Even the warm herb bread came with butter sprinkled with sea salt. I mean, really?!? Very nicely done. And our young waiter was super nice, very polite. We would come here even if we weren't staying at the attached hotel!

RizAbid, Guest Services Supervisor at Willamette Valley Grill, responded to this reviewResponded June 15, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your dining experience. I am delighted that we were able to surprise and amaze you. I have shared your kind words with the chef and restaurannt manager. As you know there are many wonderfull selections on the new menu, so I would like to invite you to return and try something new. I look forward to the opportunity to surprise and amaze you again!

There are newer reviews for Willamette Valley Grill

Reviewed June 2, 2013

This place has always been a hidden gem I enjoy on my work travels. I have actually recommend this spot to locals who have never been.
I'm sure the new menu will be fine for some but all of my favorites were gone

I was in on a Sunday and there was not another person in the place for an hour and a half. That's never been the case here before.

Food is still good, just missing a lot of items that people came for. I will always stop to sit at the bar, James is one of the most awesome bartenders you will find anywhere. Food.....I'm going to have to look around now when in Salem.

2  Thank Mike300
RizAbid, Guest Services Supervisor at Willamette Valley Grill, responded to this reviewResponded June 4, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to review your dining experience. I am sorry that we removed some items from the menu in order to introduce some exciting new selections. We welcome you to try some of these amazing creations and let us know what you think. Your opinion is paramount in helping us shape our menu to better serve our patrons. I have brought this review to the attention of senior management and we will certainly take this into consideration. I hope that we will regain your praise once again.

Reviewed May 28, 2013

We had to try the new menu, and were very pleased with the new seafood options. The appetizers were the best we have found in Salem, and the Halibut main course was delicious as well. This is one of the better dining options in the Salem area.

Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your dining experience at the Willamette Valley Grill. Your kind words are greatly appreciated. I have shared your praise with the restaurant manager and chef as well. We always strive to create the most engaging and desirable selection to suit every taste. We depend on the honest reviews of our generous patrons to help guide us in making your dining experience truly spectacular. I am delighted that we did not fail you in this, and look forward to having the opportunity for serving you again.

Reviewed May 13, 2013

The wait staff was very helpful and accommodating. The food was good and it looked like it had a fun little lounge... obviously I didn't have a chance to check it out... maybe next time.

1  Thank MrsJBD
RizAbid, Guest Services Supervisor at Willamette Valley Grill, responded to this reviewResponded May 16, 2013

Thanks again for reviewing your dining experience with us. I am delighted to see that we did not dissappoint in any way. I hope on your next stay you will get the chance to enjoy our lounge as well. Please come back and see us again.

Reviewed May 9, 2013

A small piece of heaven = "the mouth watering, taste buds poppin', most yummiest ribs ever WERE found at the Willamette Valley Grill. But no more.... ! Yesterday afternoon I kept hearing my favorite song run through my head.. "Ribs are a coming.. their sails are in sight.. Ribs are a calling... I'm eating there tonight!" So my hubby and I had dinner at The Willamette Valley Grill last night. We walked in, we sat down, a waiter very promptly came over and greeted us, and then this is when the whole evening turned upside down for me. I told him I knew what I wanted without even opening a menu but my husband might need to look at a menu. He then told us that the menu had changed and that they had new menu items. I looked at him in this crazed look that only a wild woman can get.. and asked, "Tell me they didn't take the ribs away?" He then replied.. "Well.. yes they did. But this new menu is very exciting and all of the food is fresh." I then asked.. "Why did they try to fix something that wasn't broken." Poor kid.. I don't think he was getting my point. Anyway.. he explained that there is a new owner, a new chef and now a new menu. To make a long story short, we looked at the menu... and we ordered our food. The food arrived... the food was very good... and very fresh. BUT... the menu is very limited. No longer do they serve the wonderful steaks, or do they offer the yummy side dishes. The menu is "Bistro", the label our young server gave us. I'm not saying the food wasn't good. It was okay. I wasn't jumping for joy over my dinner but then I was comparing it to those wonderful ribs that are now a foggy memory. Will I go back? Mmmm?? I don't know. My husband says yes, but there wasn't really anything on the menu that called me by name. I just don't get it.... Salem FINALLY gets a good restaurant and then in a flash.. the good is gone! I can understand changing a menu and offering new and exciting dinners.. but why take away the ribs and the steaks and the yummy side dishes when those dinners were the reason people came in! I do hope the "new" is successful and I wish them the best. But will I be back... I doubt it.

1  Thank Jackie B
RizAbid, Guest Services Supervisor at Willamette Valley Grill, responded to this reviewResponded May 12, 2013

First off, thank you so very much for your honest and candid review of our new menu. I am glad that you did find the new cuisine to your liking. I am deeply sorry that the ribs were not available. I assure you that each and every review is taken very seriously and I am passing on your comments to senior management. Our chef is always carefully listening to what our patrons have to say in making decisions. After all, it is only because of your patronage that we have the ability to continue to operate. I hope that you will return and try some of the other new and exciting selections we have to offer.

Been to Willamette Valley Grill? Share your experiences!