“Alone with my 10 month old...”

Willamette Valley Grill
Ranked #108 of 537 Restaurants in Salem
Cuisines: American, Seafood, Steakhouse, Bar
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: 32nd Pine NE
Transit: #17 Salem-Keizer Transit
Description: We commit ourselves to creating the best experience for our guest as we put our heart and soul in our food,using the freshest ingredients. Our Restaurant & Bar elevates dining for locals and wine tourists alike. Situated in Northeast Salem, just 2.3 Miles from the Capitol.Our Northwest Inspired Cuisine is a great addition to the local Oregon culinary scene.
“Alone with my 10 month old...”
Reviewed May 13, 2013

The wait staff was very helpful and accommodating. The food was good and it looked like it had a fun little lounge... obviously I didn't have a chance to check it out... maybe next time.

Visited April 2013
1 Thank MrsJBD
RizAbid, Guest Services Supervisor at Willamette Valley Grill, responded to this review, May 16, 2013
Thanks again for reviewing your dining experience with us. I am delighted to see that we did not dissappoint in any way. I hope on your next stay you will get the chance to enjoy our lounge as well. Please come back and see us again.

Salem, Oregon
“Bring back the ribs... PLEASE!”
Reviewed May 9, 2013

A small piece of heaven = "the mouth watering, taste buds poppin', most yummiest ribs ever WERE found at the Willamette Valley Grill. But no more.... ! Yesterday afternoon I kept hearing my favorite song run through my head.. "Ribs are a coming.. their sails are in sight.. Ribs are a calling... I'm eating there tonight!" So my hubby and I had dinner at The Willamette Valley Grill last night. We walked in, we sat down, a waiter very promptly came over and greeted us, and then this is when the whole evening turned upside down for me. I told him I knew what I wanted without even opening a menu but my husband might need to look at a menu. He then told us that the menu had changed and that they had new menu items. I looked at him in this crazed look that only a wild woman can get.. and asked, "Tell me they didn't take the ribs away?" He then replied.. "Well.. yes they did. But this new menu is very exciting and all of the food is fresh." I then asked.. "Why did they try to fix something that wasn't broken." Poor kid.. I don't think he was getting my point. Anyway.. he explained that there is a new owner, a new chef and now a new menu. To make a long story short, we looked at the menu... and we ordered our food. The food arrived... the food was very good... and very fresh. BUT... the menu is very limited. No longer do they serve the wonderful steaks, or do they offer the yummy side dishes. The menu is "Bistro", the label our young server gave us. I'm not saying the food wasn't good. It was okay. I wasn't jumping for joy over my dinner but then I was comparing it to those wonderful ribs that are now a foggy memory. Will I go back? Mmmm?? I don't know. My husband says yes, but there wasn't really anything on the menu that called me by name. I just don't get it.... Salem FINALLY gets a good restaurant and then in a flash.. the good is gone! I can understand changing a menu and offering new and exciting dinners.. but why take away the ribs and the steaks and the yummy side dishes when those dinners were the reason people came in! I do hope the "new" is successful and I wish them the best. But will I be back... I doubt it.

• Visited May 2013
1 Thank Jackie B
RizAbid, Guest Services Supervisor at Willamette Valley Grill, responded to this review, May 12, 2013
First off, thank you so very much for your honest and candid review of our new menu. I am glad that you did find the new cuisine to your liking. I am deeply sorry that the ribs were not available. I assure you that each and every review is taken very seriously and I am passing on your comments to senior management. Our chef is always carefully listening to what our patrons have to say in making decisions. After all, it is only because of your patronage that we have the ability to continue to operate. I hope that you will return and try some of the other new and exciting selections we have to offer.
Madras, Oregon
“Hit and Miss”
Reviewed May 5, 2013

I have stayed at the Red Lion (hotel connected to the restaurant) on several recent occasions now. My first dining experience was via the hotel/restaurant lounge. I ordered the cajun prime rib sandwich and hearts of romaine salad. Both items well prepared and very tasty. During this same visit I had breakfast at the WVG. I ordered the Eggs Benedict - a gamble in most circumstances - but was pleasantly surprised. Flavorful hollandaise and poached eggs cooked to perfection. My most recent visit included a dinner with a party of 15. Many ordered steak, one was sent back for being over cooked and others commented that steaks were okay but not a $30+ steak. I had shrimp and pasta that was tasty but arrived luke warm. The group (each paying individually) was supposed to receive a 15% discount that they neglected to include. They did however deduct 15% on catering the next day. Breakfast again very good with similar comments from others in the group.

• Visited May 2013
1 Thank Rotton1
RizAbid, Guest Services Supervisor at Willamette Valley Grill, responded to this review, May 7, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to review your dining experience with us. It is our goal to reach the highest standards of quality in cuisine, service, and atmosphere. The eggs benedict is one of my favorites also. I am delighted that we exceeded your expectations, and were able to rectify the 15% discount from your banquet event. I have passed on your comments to senior management as well. We hope to see you again very soon.
Oregon
“Great Restaurant in a Motel”
Reviewed April 6, 2013

Normally you would expect a restaurant in a motel to be average at best. We dined at the Grill last evening with friends and found the menu, food, and service to be exceptional. When my wife found her prime rib not to her liking both the server and manager offered to help to the point of bringing her a new meal. A great dining experience in an average setting and we will be back.

• Visited April 2013
RizAbid, Guest Services Supervisor at Willamette Valley Grill, responded to this review, April 7, 2013
It is our goal to make your dining experience as enjoyable as possible. We understand that you work hard for the opportunities to sit down and enjoy a meal amongst good friends, and are delighted to provide the perfect environment for you. Excellence in service and food is our gift to you for choosing to spend this moment with us. Please come back and see us again soon!
Brookings, Oregon
“GREAT Breakfast”
Reviewed April 3, 2013

The free breakfast is really good. I had a steak from the grill and it was delicious. The staff was very friendly and fun.

Visited April 2013
RizAbid, Guest Services Supervisor at Willamette Valley Grill, responded to this review, April 5, 2013
Thank you so much for your gracious praise. The Willamette Valley Grill has a wide assortment of decadent selections sure to please any appetite. I am happy to see that we did not disappoint. Please come back and try one of our many delicious selections. Your comments are an encouragement, and help us to continue to excel in service to you.