“excellent food and atmosphere”

Willamette Valley Grill
Ranked #105 of 549 Restaurants in Salem
Cuisines: American, Seafood, Steakhouse, Bar
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: 32nd Pine NE
Transit: #17 Salem-Keizer Transit
Description: We commit ourselves to creating the best experience for our guest as we put our heart and soul in our food,using the freshest ingredients. Our Restaurant & Bar elevates dining for locals and wine tourists alike. Situated in Northeast Salem, just 2.3 Miles from the Capitol.Our Northwest Inspired Cuisine is a great addition to the local Oregon culinary scene.
Reviewed October 19, 2012

food great. Bar tender was cordial, professional and met all of our needs. Would eat here again. So glad we found this place and have shared with others. Prime rib is to die for.

JoSue1, Manager at Willamette Valley Grill, responded to this reviewResponded October 25, 2012

We are very pleased that you enjoy the excellant service from the lounge as well as enjoying your Prime Rib! I do agree it is fabulous! I have passed on the compliments to the Chef and bartender for you as well. We do want to thank you for patronizing the Willamette Valley Grill and look forward to serving you again in the near future.

Reviewed October 16, 2012

My husband and I had a very good lunch (warm delicious spinach salad and a Cobb salad), with good service; however, we were the only ones in the restaurant at 12:10 pm, and were told the soup was not set up yet, and there was only bread sevice at dinner.

We want to thank you for time in reviewing your recent visit to the Willamette Valley Grill. We are pleased that you enjoy your salads and the service, I have pased this on to the staff as we are very proud of our customer service. As for the lack of soup for dinner and I have brought this to the attention of the Chef. Again, thank you for your time and we hope to see you again in the near future.

Reviewed July 25, 2012

I was actually able to order an Avocado Cheese Burger for breakfast. I was full for most of the day. They have a hugely varied menu to choose from.

Reviewed May 11, 2012

Willamette Valley Grill is great for a basic dinner, fancy dinner, or date. The food is amazing. My personal favorite was a Fillet of Beef, which is a cut of beef that is boneless and incredibly tender (rather thick as well). The beef is then wrapped in a peppered bacon, and can be prepared in a variety of styles, which include:
Bourbon (if you do not like the taste of alcohol, you probably will not enjoy this style)
Pacific Northwest
French
Red Eye
Ginger, Honey, and Sake
Naked

The thick piece of meat is then cooked to your standards. I preferred it medium well and when I cut it open there was a nice shade of pink and it was incredibly juicy.
Definitely a place to try!

2  Thank Wheresarizona
Reviewed May 6, 2012

I went back for the $20 AYCE prime rib and it was great. The mashed potatoes were also the best mashed potatoes I have ever eaten. Both of my dining companions had hamburgers which they enjoyed, but were not happy with the price of everything other than the specials. The both wanted salads, but didn’t want to pay so much for so little.

My only real issue with Willamette Valley Grill is for the area they are quite expensive for their non-specials.