“Huge burritos”

Venti's Cafe
Ranked #81 of 533 Restaurants in Salem
Cuisines: American, Bar, Pub
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Full Bar, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff
Salem, Oregon
“Huge burritos”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 20, 2012

My family and I ate at the commercial location last night for the first time. This was a hit for our grandchildren we had along because they have an area for kids to play while your waiting to be seated or you let them play there until your food comes. The only thing I would change here is while the play area is open and visible it is next to an exit door. We had burritos that were huge and we were forewarned so my wife and I shared one which was very satisfying. We are average eaters and this would have been too much for one of us. The food was very good and I would recommend eating here as they have a very different take on flavorful healthy fresh cuisine. I really enjoy different!

Oregon
“Good Burger? No.”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 19, 2012

Drove into downtown Salem to Ventis for a burger. Paid $9.50 for the Greek burger. First thing I noticed was that the bun was cold. Unusual since the board reads the bun is toasted. Next thing I noticed is the bun is stale. Not good. Maybe the beef will be yummy? Funny, but beef had no taste at all! I could taste the olives, but that was it. I would have mentioned it to staff if they had asked or come around the table.
I take no pleasure in writing this review because I have previously had a delicious burger here at Ventis. But as others have commented this place is either hit or miss. Today was a miss. A $9,50 bad burger with chips miss.

Salem
“great vegetarian/vegan selection”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 16, 2012

Unique eatery located downtown Salem. I'm not a vegetarian, but they have very tasty dishes. I believe they do offer meat, too. Bar downstairs for nightlife.

Visited June 2012
Salem, Oregon
“Lots of healthy options”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 11, 2012

I like this restaurant because they live up to their motto of good, clean food. It's hard to describe what type of food they make because it's highly varied, from Thai Chicken Peanut to Moroccan Beef to Falafel, most available as a bowl, wrap, or salad. There are a variety of options available, from upgrading to brown rice, to adding steamed veggies, or substituting sweet potato fries (for which they are known) for fries. They have an upstairs dining area, where you can also get hard cider or beer, and a downstairs bar, where additional options are available, including mixed drinks.

I love the food here, but sometimes the service is less than desirable. That's usually when they are particularly busy upstairs. I've never had a problem in the bar downstairs except that it's a small area, so it's often too full to find a place to sit. Still, if you get a table, it's very cozy and a great place to hang out with friends.

Visited December 2012
Oregon
“Eclectic Menu ... Great Food!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 6, 2012

I went to the South Commerical restaurant yesterday for lunch. The atmosphere was fabulous! I love the chandelier light above the bar. The place was packed, but wasn't loud. I ordered the Caprese Flatbread ... assuming I'd get something that resembled the Italian food ... but it far surpassed my expectations. It had more of a Greek flair to it ... very yummy spices on the chicken ... all the ingredients (including the flatbread) were definitely fresh. We started our order with a plate of fries ... they were just like the ones in France - thin, flat slided. I was having a hard time figuring out how to describe the menu ... their motto is "fresh clean food" and it is all made in house and fresh. They really do have something for everyone ... very unique flavor combinations and fresh foods. I'm not a beer drinker, but I did notice the huge selectoin of beer on tap - and you can take it home. I also noticed a full bar of high quality brands. Prices were good ... but they also appear to have a really good happy hour with lower food and drink prices. I 'm looking forward to going back.

• Visited December 2012

Been to Venti's Cafe? Share your experiences!