“Dog park is stellar”

Minto-Brown Island Park
Ranked #5 of 81 things to do in Salem
Reviewed May 2, 2013

I imagine the rest of this park is really fun, but I've only ever been to the off-leash dog area. It is, by far, the best dog park we've been. There is huge, unfenced space that is almost always filled with doggies. Once I went and someone was playing a piano. I have no idea how or why they drug a piano out there but it was enjoyable.
There are lots of paved trails for riding bikes, and although I've never done it I always see lots of people taking advantage.

There are newer reviews for Minto-Brown Island Park

Reviewed April 6, 2013

This is a beautiful park within a capital city and a huge off-leash field for the dogs to boot. There are miles of well-maintained hiking trails through a wide variety of settings and several parking lots from which to select. Like picnics??? There is a covered pavilion as well as other sites throughout the park.

1  Thank bogyOregon
Reviewed March 25, 2013

I have loved this park since I was 8 years old. I am now 28 so for 20 years. I use to pick in the summer and ride my bike on the paths with my parents. Now I jog and walk with my son in his stroller here almost everyday. I love it. It has this certain smell that is wonderful in the park. I love photography & I love finding different things in the park to take photos of. Different perspectives and things. There are miles of trails to walk/jog/run/rollerblade/bike on..It's a good place to take your family for a nice walk.

Reviewed February 28, 2013

Salem-area residents are lucky to have this huge park close by! Cycle, run, walk on more than 10 miles of paths (most are paved). This bucolic natural area includes, some fields planted as refuge for Canadian dusty geese, a path along the Willamette River where you might sight bald eagles in snags on the other side, paths adjacent to ponds and streams where you might see beavers or nutria.
It's a popular place for family outings, so you may want to avoid times when novice little cyclists are careening on the paths! Early mornings and evenings are my favorite times here. Go with a friend if you want to venture off the path along the main road; other paths feel isolated.

Reviewed February 14, 2013

Miles of trails to run, bike, walk and a giant dog park where you can throw the 'chuck-it' for your best canine buddy or buddies. The park even provides dog waste bags and it's a generally responsible community for socializing your dog. There are open areas and shady areas and the Willamette river runs right by. It's great to be there all year and experience the changing of the seasons, meander through the trails, picnic, play with your kids... find the abandoned vintage car...