“Great service. Good food.”

Newport Seafood Grill
Ranked #8 of 544 Restaurants in Salem
Cuisines: Seafood
Dining options: Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Market St. & Hawthorne St.
Reviewed May 15, 2013

OK, it was a Sunday night, so I shouldn't have have expected too much. Still ... I ordered crab cakes, but they were out. Bummer. No shrimp alfredo on the menu but when I asked, they said sure ... and I got it. It was pretty good. Others in our group seemed to enjoy their meals, but no one went away vowing to return the next day. The service, on the other hand, was above and beyond. Other restaurants would do well to emulate Newport.

Reviewed April 27, 2013

My wife & I stopped in last night & thoroughly enjoyed our mea. She started out with the pear gorgonzola salad & I had the fisherman's stew, both were excellent!

Our server, Casey was very attentive with out being over bearing. For the main course I had the Paella, which was so very moist & flavorful. One of the best I've ever had & I have had many Paella's. It was full of a variety of shellfish & regular white fish. My wife at the Seafood tacos & loved them. We will definitely be back!

Reviewed April 23, 2013

Nice selection of various types seafood and a definite upgrade from Red Lobster. Prices are reasonable. Wait Staff is very friendly. Newport Seafood Grill has a nice selection moderately priced wines.

Reviewed February 15, 2013

We had a deal chicken for Sunday brunch "for two". We did not realize until told by the server that it was really Sunday Brunch for one, and the second person could go to the very limited buffet table. You get one entree and two buffets. Though the deal chicken said it had a value of $20, we only got credit for a single $16.99 entree. Seems like a false deal to me. We ordered a second entree anyway. Good thing, it turns out the entrees were really just enough food for one. The buffet cart is a misnomer. There was some good fresh fruit, but mostly small muffins and breads and some cheeses. Nothing special.

There were 3 of us, so we ordered 3 entrees. They were pretty decent, but nothing special. The vegetable Fritata had fresh asparagus and portobello mushrooms, which gave this a good flavor, but the red potatoes were overdone. The creme brulee french toast was made with ciabatta bread and was quite tasty, though too bready in the center. The bread needed to be soaked longer in the egg mixture. The Parmesan crusted sole was cooked just right, flaky and moist. It was served with the highlight of the meal - crispy fresh green beans sauteed in what tasted like lemon zest. They were very good and we all enjoyed a taste. The sole was served over bland rice.

All in all, the entrees were decent, but too pricy, given that the limited buffet did not add much to the experience.

Reviewed February 8, 2013

One never has high hopes for restaurants next to motels by the interstate but this place shines. Everything we had was brilliantly prepared and presented. We spend a lot of time in LA and Vancouver BC - both great restaurant towns. Newport Seafood Grill rocks. We had superb pan fried oysters, crusted halibut and a couple of other items and they were all absolutlyg delicious and perfectly cooked. We want the recipe for the green beans on the side - totally unique and outstanding.
We look forward to passing through again and will be back.