“Was recommended, but a disappointment.”

Schroeder's Guest House Restaurant & Lo
Reviewed September 1, 2013

The clerk at our hotel recommended this place for dinner. Not sure why! Took a while to get seated. My spouse and I had the M & S chicken, without the swiss cheese. The mushrooms were canned and though it was butterflied and coated with panko crumbs, it was basically tasteless. The veggies and salad were okay. My sister had spaghetti and and said it was also not very good. The server was nice, but that's about all we can say about this place. Would not recommend based on our experience.

Reviewed August 5, 2013

I had the evening special, hamburger steak, it was well flavoured, cooked and I enjoyed it, especially for the value. My kids had pancakes, and sausage, they enjoyed the pancakes but both refused to eat the sausage, upon us trying it, they definitely had an off taste.
My husband had the shrimp meal, and was left feeling unsatisfied, and wanting more.
Overall a decent experience, but I suspect most of the menu is hit or miss.

Reviewed June 27, 2013

A friend and I tried this place a couple of times as it was close and we were tired. Only reason we tried it twice! While both times were dinner, both were equally unimpressive. Flavorless food right out of the 50's, including the canned mixed vegetables. The service was very slow and the attitudes of the wait staff somewhat less than friendly or even helpful. It doesn't look like it's been redecorated since the 50's either. I find it surprising that a place like this can keep it's doors open with all the competition out there. Don't waste your time or money.

Reviewed May 30, 2013

Schroeder's is best for breakfast. Reasonable prices and good food. Try their breakfast specials. I like a FAVORITE breakfast, eggs, ham and pancakes and blueberry syrup. Breakfast is their most popular meal. I am going back soon.

1  Thank SALEMSTEVE
Reviewed May 9, 2013

We have gone here for years. My husbands best friend that has passed took us here for our first time 8 or 9 years ago. We have always had okay food with okay service. When we went in January I chose the cinnamon roll french toast. It was advertiesed all over the restuarant. I took about 4 bites and then bit into a walnut. I FREAKED! I immediately called a waitress over and asked if there was nuts in this and she replied with no concern at all that yes of course there was. I explained I was deathly allergic to nuts and none of the signs or the menu stated nuts were in this dish. She just asked if I wanted something else I said NO we had to leave then and now so I could go take about 10 Benedryl in hopes of not having to use my epi pen. We went and paid and they didn't even comp my food that I literally only took 4 bites of. I never got an apology or anything. Remember we have been customers for years. I called management the next day and they were so rude about it. Nut allergies are super common and yes I should and will from now on ask about cinnamon rolls but it SHOULD have at least been on the menu.

2  Thank SashaR92