“Dark, dingy, poorly cooked and presented food” 1 of 5 bubbles
Review of Schroeder's Guest House Restaurant & Lo - CLOSED

Schroeder's Guest House Restaurant & Lo
Cuisines: American
Good for: Large groups, Families with children
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Lunch, Seating, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Salem, Oregon, United States
“Dark, dingy, poorly cooked and presented food”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 27, 2013

A friend and I tried this place a couple of times as it was close and we were tired. Only reason we tried it twice! While both times were dinner, both were equally unimpressive. Flavorless food right out of the 50's, including the canned mixed vegetables. The service was very slow and the attitudes of the wait staff somewhat less than friendly or even helpful. It doesn't look like it's been redecorated since the 50's either. I find it surprising that a place like this can keep it's doors open with all the competition out there. Don't waste your time or money.

• Visited February 2013
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles

SALEM, OR
“Best for Breakfast”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 30, 2013

Schroeder's is best for breakfast. Reasonable prices and good food. Try their breakfast specials. I like a FAVORITE breakfast, eggs, ham and pancakes and blueberry syrup. Breakfast is their most popular meal. I am going back soon.

Visited March 2013
1 Thank SALEMSTEVE
Keizer, Oregon
“Almost died-literally”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 9, 2013

We have gone here for years. My husbands best friend that has passed took us here for our first time 8 or 9 years ago. We have always had okay food with okay service. When we went in January I chose the cinnamon roll french toast. It was advertiesed all over the restuarant. I took about 4 bites and then bit into a walnut. I FREAKED! I immediately called a waitress over and asked if there was nuts in this and she replied with no concern at all that yes of course there was. I explained I was deathly allergic to nuts and none of the signs or the menu stated nuts were in this dish. She just asked if I wanted something else I said NO we had to leave then and now so I could go take about 10 Benedryl in hopes of not having to use my epi pen. We went and paid and they didn't even comp my food that I literally only took 4 bites of. I never got an apology or anything. Remember we have been customers for years. I called management the next day and they were so rude about it. Nut allergies are super common and yes I should and will from now on ask about cinnamon rolls but it SHOULD have at least been on the menu.

Visited January 2013
2 Thank SashaR92
Oregon
“Not gourmet, but not bad.”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 14, 2013 via mobile

Eat here every once in awhile. Lunch items good, but breakfast is a little dicey. Staff friendly but sometimes slow.

San Diego, California
“Great food, great prices, great service”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 11, 2012

Have eaten here for many years...from childhood on. :) The food es excellent, large portions, and great service.

Visited September 2012