“Great food, great prices, great service”

Schroeder's Guest House Restaurant & Lo
Reviewed September 11, 2012

Have eaten here for many years...from childhood on. :) The food es excellent, large portions, and great service.

Reviewed October 12, 2011

I ordered the chicken fried steak dinner and they have two choices of how they are cooked; grilled or deep fried. I chose the grilled and when the meal was served, I almost got up and walked out. The chicken fried steak was soaked in grease and was soggy, the mashed potatoes were cold and the gravy was so salty I could not eat it. I only ate a few bites and got up, paid for the meal and have not been back since. In this day and age with money being tight, with me you only get one chance.

1  Thank audiome
Reviewed March 7, 2011

I use to eat here a lot after work with the people I worked with. The food is okay, but a bit over priced. I do think it is the best "home cooking" in Salem though.

Reviewed March 21, 2010

Not a place I would need to go all the time, but we were in the area and I gotta say the chocolate chip pancake was super yummy! Omelet was good and you pick your own ingredients. Still has the linger of smoke smell from the many years of smoking allowed here, but worth checking out.

Reviewed June 29, 2009

Good: Waiter Nicholas was great, chicken fried steak was excellent.
Bad: Dirty table, snippy host, $6 boring pomegranite mimosa in a tiny glass.