“Do not recommend this park”

Enchanted Forest Theme Park
Ranked #3 of 83 things to do in Salem
More attraction details
Owner description: A theme park nestled in the beautiful lush forests of Oregon with lots of hands on see and do adventure. Stroll through Storybook Lane, the Western Town. and the English Village, home of the Fantasy Fountains water-light show. Rides include the Ice Mountain Bobsled Roller Coaster, the Big Timber Log Ride, indoor target shooting Challenge of Mondor, bumper cars plus several kiddy rides and a walk-through Haunted House. The outdoor comedy theatre presents farces on fairy tales during the summer months. Picnicking, gift shops, food and more.
Reviewed July 14, 2009

My husband and I heard about this park through some co-workers and decided to take our 2 year old.

First, the park is on a hill, very steep if you are taking a stroller, and there are no railings on the side, so you have to watch every step with a little one.

The characters were CREEPY! Everything looked run down, dirty and not well maintained. Instead of being a happy placed it felt like, a horror movie. Mary looks like she is trying to choke the lamb, my daughter started crying when she saw the ugly looking Humpty Dumpty.

The rides were a joke! If Disney would see Pinocchio and Gepeto, they would kill themselves.

If you have been to Disneyland or Disneyworld, or any other high class amusement park, this is NOT the place for you. You will be very dissapointed and decide to never go back, as we did.

3  Thank LauraPortland

Reviewed July 19, 2007

We were staying in Eugene and wanted to meet up with friends from Portland so this was a fantastic meeting place. We have kids ages 3, 11, and 14. My older sons are not big on roller coasters so this was the perfect park for my family. My sons drove the bumper cars, my husband and I rode the log ride, and we all rode the wizard shoot-them-up ride (similar to the Buzz Lightyear ride at DisneyWorld or Men in Black at Universal Studios). My 3-yr-old loved the kiddie rides, and we all enjoyed the nursery rhyme-fairy tale-themed "exhibits." The park admission prices were very reasonable and you can buy individual tickets for the rides you wanted. For 4 hrs and a family of 5, we spent less than $100. On a hot, sunny day t was great being under the trees alongside the hilside. They did a great job with this park. Warning to those with limited mobility--there are a lot of hills and steps in the park. Don't expect Disneyland and you'll enjoy it. For the adults, don't miss Willamette Vineyards winery up the road!! Something for everyone :-)

1  Thank DukeGrad
Reviewed July 16, 2007

The Enchanted Forest has always been favorite place for my kids and for me when I was little. It can be a little scary for really little ones though. I grew up with this place and it really does have good memories for me and now for my own kids. The person who said it was a nightmare is not talking about Enchanted Forest. I think they mean Thrillville that is next door to it. The parking lot is definitely paved and there are not any port-a-potties at Enchanted forest. They have real bathrooms.

3  Thank jk7683
Reviewed April 9, 2007

Perhaps I am biased, because I grew up in Oregon, and my family visited Enchanted Forrest at least once a year, but I love it and think it is great fun. Yes, it isn't Disneyland, but it isn't a nightmare either. I took my children just last summer, and we had a wonderful time. No port-a-potties that I saw, they have real bathrooms with toilets and sinks with running water, and they are always clean. The attractions are not just pasteboard houses, and many of them you can walk through. My kids (ages 7, 9, 11, and 13 at the time) all had a blast and want to go again this summer. What I love most about Enchanted Forrest is that it isn’t super expensive, the food, rides, and the souvenirs in the shops are all reasonable. One thing I do hope they improve on is repairing the animatronics. Last summer (2006) many of the “people and animals” no longer moved or talked like they used to, and some that still moved were out of sync with the vocal tracks. That was disappointing, but that was the only thing I was disappointed in. I like all the new rides and I love how they are always expanding and growing, but I do hope they can afford to repair some of the old things that are nostalgic to us old timers.

2  Thank HeatherHippo
Reviewed March 24, 2007

I took my four year old here last season and he wont start talking about how great it was. Since he hasn't been to Disneyland yet, it does seem like the greatest place in the world to him, and I can understand that. This is a perfect place for kids 4-11. Any younger and they will miss out on the good rides, any older and they may find it a little cheesy. I can't think of any reason for adults to go by themselves, or for teens to go. The log flume and roller coaster are OK, but you might as well just wait for the state fair if you're looking for thrills.
I would recommend you go on a weekday, because then you can do every ride you want without waiting in lines much. Don't bother with the tickets, just get a braclet, you'll be glad you did. On a non-crowded day, you can burn through $20 worth of tickets in an hour, so why not just pay that up front and ride all day?
My favorite thing about EF as a parent is the way they don't try to stick it to you financially on the food. I recall paying $9 for two small pizzas and two drinks. Just try doing that at the fair or Di$neyland. . . .
Overall, expect to spend $35 a kid for the whole day, less if you pack in your own food.
That mordor ride was fantastic and very original despite the "Lord of the Rings" feel to it. I rode it 12-15 times, until my fingers hurt from shooting monsters. I'm excited to see what the owner decides to do next, assuming enough people keep going that they can afford to expand again.
If you live within a couple hours of Salem and have kids within my recommended age range, you can't do much better than a day at EF.

BTW - My kid and I had a good time by constantly remarking how life-like the animatronic squirrels look (real squirrels are all over the place). People looked at us like we were idiots, but it was worth it for the chuckles.

3  Thank jkthomps97