“Hands Down-Best Breakfast in Salem”
Review of Word of Mouth

Word of Mouth
Ranked #1 of 543 Restaurants in Salem
Cuisines: American
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast
Reviewed September 2, 2014

It's crowded but if you have the time, this is where you need to go. I personally love the Creme Brulee French Toast- you can't go wrong!

Reviewed August 30, 2014 via mobile

Wowzer!!!! This place was so worth the wait!!!! Really amazing food, atmosphere and staff!
Huge portions, my husband and I shared a breakfast wrap, super filling! Also they gave us and everyone dining that morning a free dessert pancake!! As a "random act of yum-ness" how cool isn't that?!? Ours was banana caramel and the best dessert pancake I've ever had!! Don't miss this place! Worth a Salem trip just for this place!

Reviewed August 27, 2014

Took my daughter to Salem, Oregon for her sophomore year at Willamette University and wanted to experience the food at Word of Mouth restaurant. it's a quaint little place in a renovated house not far from the university. They don't take reservations so we had to wait awhile, but we were amply rewarded. Our server was very friendly and helpful and the food was delicious. I had the Plate O'Love, a slice of Creme Brûlée Vanilla Custard French Toast with Prime rib Hash served with 2 eggs. The french toast was the best I've ever had and the hash was great! My girlfriend had the Heavenly Veggie Hash with fresh fruits instead of the breakfast bread and she was in heaven after finishing it off. My daughter had the Accidental Omelet which is made with 3 eggs and all kinds of delicious goodies inside. This was good food, with great service, in a quaint setting at very reasonable prices. If you are in the Salem area make it a point to vista Word of Mouth for breakfast or lunch.

Reviewed August 27, 2014

The owners have done a nice job keeping their employees involved in the success of the restaurant. If you arrive any day after 7:30 AM you'll likely wait so plan ahead because it's worth it!

Reviewed August 17, 2014

we waited almost an hour for a table for two and they actually passed by our names while we sat right there! i finally asked and they accidentally skipped our name, so keep your ears open for your name and when you see people after you getting seated - ask!!
after all of that i ordered their "famous" dishes and was so very disappointed! it was the vegetarian hash and french toast and it was very average.i saw huge plates of food passing by with piles of gravy on biscuits etc and then everyone took food home, so i suspected that is what the rave is about. my husband enjoyed his meal and said it was very good, however i was disappointed in the vegetarian hash (too bland) and french toast. otherwise i suspect it is fabulous breakfast place. possibly worth the wait.

2  Thank Minkminkie

Been to Word of Mouth? Share your experiences!