“High Expectations Were Met”
Review of Word of Mouth

Word of Mouth
Ranked #1 of 535 Restaurants in Salem
Cuisines: American
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Lunch
Keizer, Oregon
“High Expectations Were Met”
Reviewed July 23, 2014

After hearing all the hype about this place I checked it out to celebrate me and my wife's anniversary. We also brought our kids. We had to wait about an hour for a table (we arrived at 11am on a Friday). However, we would have got in much sooner if there was only two of us.

Once we were seated the service was pretty quick. Some places would be overwhelmed with being this busy, but this place is used to it by now. The waitress helped us get acquainted with the menu. One of our friends told us that by indicating it is our first time there we would get some sort of free thing, but that did not happen. Can't fault them for that though.

We tried three of the more popular items on the menu and were not disappointed. We had prime rib hash, creme brulee french toast, and corned beef hash. All were excellent. Super excellent. I also tasted a bit of my daughter's cinnamon roll pancakes and they were great as well.

I definitely recommend this place, but make sure you go when you are not in a hurry. Whenever that might be...

• Visited June 2014

Tucson, Arizona
“Amazing breakfast”
Reviewed July 17, 2014

My kids went crazy for the cinnamon roll pancakes. They were delicious, but as expected very rich and very sweet. My friends had the creme brûlée French toast, which was sweet, but less sweet and also excellent. I got the veggie hash special with brussel sprouts, asparagus, mushroom, potatoes and two eggs. Coffee was great, waitress delightful and portions huge. I was full for the day.

• Visited July 2014
Charleston, South Carolina
“Delightful Surprise!”
Reviewed July 17, 2014

We found them on Trip Advisor and went for brunch/lunch based only on the TA recommendations. We couldn't have been happier! Food was fabulous, service was great. As we arrived the restaurant was brimming with locals and the wait was 30 minutes. We thought we'd have to pass since we were on our way for a road trip but luckily 2 seats opened up at the bar. It was so good we almost went an hour out of our way on the way back to eat there again but common sense prevailed. Don't miss this one for a yummy breakfast or lunch, you won't be disappointed.

• Visited July 2014
Mount Vernon, Washington
“Worth the Wait!”
Reviewed July 6, 2014 via mobile

Friends and family highly recommended this place so we thought we'd give it a try. When we arrived, there was a one hour wait to be seated (the place is small and very popular). The wait staff was very friendly and efficient. We ordered a create your own omelette (sausage and spinach), The Incredible Flying Biscuit, and the Crème Brulee French Toast. The food was prepared quickly and looked wonderful. The portions are large and the taste fabulous! It's no wonder they do a great business. Well worth the wait!

Visited July 2014
Wallingford, Connecticut
“It's a bit of a wait, but worth every bite!”
Reviewed July 6, 2014

Located in an old Victorian-style home, the food is well worth the wait!! I had the Trucker's Love, which comes with your choice of hash (I chose veggie), 2 biscuits w/ gravy, and 2 eggs. The flavoring is simply perfect, the coffee is strong and the staff is super friendly!!

Visited July 2014

Been to Word of Mouth? Share your experiences!