“Finally, good food in Salem!”
Review of Word of Mouth

Word of Mouth
Ranked #1 of 535 Restaurants in Salem
Cuisines: American
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Dinner
Eugene, Oregon
“Finally, good food in Salem!”
Reviewed May 28, 2014

In my travels up and down I-5 I've always lamented the lack of good places to eat between Portland and Eugene. Word of Mouth is definitely worth a stop for breakfast or lunch. Unfortunately they close at 3, so no dinner service. Service is friendly and efficient; really good coffee; excellent food. The only drawback is the popularity of this restaurant. We arrived at 1:30 on a Friday, and waited 20 to 30 minutes for a table. But, as other reviewers commented, it was definitely worth the wait. I can't wait for my next trip to Portland!

1 Thank EugeneGypsy

Davis, California
“Fantastic Food!”
Reviewed May 28, 2014

We were visiting our grandson in Salem and stopped by here for lunch on Saturday afternoon. There were several groups ahead of us, but we'd heard such good things about the food that we decided to wait. We waited about 45 minutes for lunch, but it was well worth it! The food was absolutely wonderful. My husband and grandson had the Yacht Club sandwich and both raved about it - fresh ingredients and tasty bread. I had the clam chowder, and it was the best I've ever eaten. The service was prompt and friendly. They checked on us several times during our meal to see if we needed anything else, drinks refreshed, etc. We were so impressed with lunch that we went back the next morning for breakfast, and had the same great experience all over again. The wait wasn't quite as long, and they serve coffee to keep you happy while you wait. I had the accidental omelet which was chock full of fresh ingredients. My husband and grandson had the Creme Brulee French Toast and said it was delicious. Again, we had prompt and friendly service. They do not take reservations, so be prepared for a wait; there is comfortable seating in the waiting area and the food is worth it!

1 Thank DavisSunflower
Salem, Oregon
“Best breakfast in Salem”
Reviewed May 28, 2014

Love eating here when I have the time. The restaurant is very small and there is usually a long wait on the weekends. I have never been on a week day. The wait is definitely worth it, though!! Love the cream brûlée French toast.

2 Thank rondics
“Worth the wait.”
Reviewed May 28, 2014

Aptly named, Word Of Mouth has flourished and is THE place to experience breakfast or lunch that is from unique and varied menu. Bring your patience with you as waits are frequently 30-60 mins and seating in the quaint old house is tight. When you tuck in to your meal, it is so worth it! Prices moderate and staff is pleasant and professional.

• Visited April 2014
1 Thank Carl V
Salem, Oregon
“Breakfast or lunch - go there!”
Reviewed May 28, 2014

If you're visiting Salem and you want a local spot to have a great experience, this is your place. It's small, and the seating is tight, but the food and service is well worth it. Be there early or expect to have a manageable wait.

• Visited February 2014
1 Thank Nancy D

Been to Word of Mouth? Share your experiences!