“Delicious!”

Cuisines: American
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Lunch
Reviewed February 25, 2014

My husband and I were looking for a good breakfast stop on our way back from the Portland area and stopped here because of the reviews. Wow! We weren't steered wrong at all and the food was delicious! We waited about 25 minutes for a table in their comfortable waiting porch and then got a neat table upstairs. My husband ordered the flying biscuit, which was a fried chicken breast with bacon, eggs, cheese, and potatoes on the biscuit topped with gravy. The chicken was tender, the bacon, flavorful, and it was an incredible combination in the mouth! It came with some three step potatoes that were super yummy as well. He ate about half of it and took the rest for later. I had the cinnamon roll pancakes with cream cheese topping and bacon and eggs. The menu description says it is like the gooey center of a cinnamon roll and they were 100% correct! So incredibly yummy! I don't know how they made the swirls in those pancakes but topped with their cream cheese icing, it really did taste just like advertised! I ordered two and only ate about half, but the charming, efficient waitress assured me they were just as good later so I took them to go. Oh yes, the bacon was great and the eggs were eggs. If you aren't in a hurry and want some outstanding food, this is the place!

1  Thank Kenipela

Reviewed February 24, 2014

And the answer is, "if one exists I want to know about it". I recently had the pleasure of dining at this cool house turned restaurant. Just by opening the menu and reading the owners cool story about how the restaurant came into being set the tone of the meal. I was here with two co-workers, one who had dined here the previous morning. He is a connoisseur of breakfast, so if he gives it a "thumbs up" I knew it had to be good. Well was I impressed!! I had the spinach and tomato benedict, and let me just say right here that it was the "best" benedict I have ever had-period. I also ordered a side of their sausage (yes I am a pork eating Infidel!) and It was also the best I have ever tasted. I was filled with hand ground caramelized onions and spices that made it a thick brown sweet treat of a meat. My server "Bernadette" was polite and professional, with just the right amount of attention to our dining needs. What a wonderful place! A "must try" when in Salem Oregon.

1  Thank RacerDave7
Reviewed February 21, 2014

Cute little place with great service and food that is amazingly yummy. I had the veggie burger-which I normally would never have...but it was really, really good, and some lemon chicken soup...omg! My friend had the reuben--heaps of corned beef and tons of kraut, along with a great looking salad....huge amount of food-> all very good!

1  Thank periwinkle10
Reviewed January 28, 2014

Creative menu, appetizing choices, ample portions, reasonable prices, always a satisfying meal! Service can be hit-or-miss, but during our last visit, service was stellar. Wait time and parking can be serious issues, so you may want to be strategic about what time of day you visit, but once the food arrives, it's worth all the trouble!

Reviewed January 18, 2014

Stopped by on a Saturday and had been warned about the wait. It took us about 15 minutes to get a table. We ordered omlettes, saugage and biscuits eggs and french toast. The creme brulee french toast was more than I could have imagined...flavorful throughout and it was like having a dessert for breakfast. One had the special roasted chicken hash...very flavorful. No one could finsh their entire breakfast. Even the coffee was great.

1  Thank Karol64