“As always...AWESOME!!!”

La Quinta Inn & Suites
Ranked #5 of 23 Hotels in Salem

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (77)
Charlotte, North Carolina
Reviewed September 24, 2012

I stayed here for 3 weeks on a business trip. Easily located off of the interstate besides a Costco. There is a Super WalMart nearby. Very close to shopping and dining on Lancaster Drive in Salem. The front desk staff was great... they knew me by name and always welcomed me "home" every evening upon returning to the hotel. Breakfast was decent... waffles, eggs, sausage, biscuits, cereals, fresh fruit, oatmeal, muffins etc. The only complaint I had was I was giving an adjoining room and they were booked solid the whole time I was there so I wasn't able to move. I heard my fair share of telephone conversations, people doing "it", loud televisions and other annoyances. Once I returned to the room and the bathroom floor was soaking wet. I called the manager and apparently the bathroom above me had flooded and the water dripped down into my bath... that was crazy! The parking lot was small and often crowded so if you didn't get there early enough a good parking space was hard to come by. Overall I enjoyed my stay at this hotel. Can't say I would stay here again... I would prefer the Residence Inn down the street.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
Reviewed September 22, 2012

We only spent one night Sept. 21, Rosa at the front desk was very helpful even went out of her way to see we had what we needed. The breakfast was all you could ask for ie. eggs, biscuits, gravy, sausage, waffles, muffins, cereal, juice, coffee. The room was clean and the bed comfortable. The is a nice place to walk the dog. If we are ever in the area again I am sure
we will stay there again.

Room Tip: I would recommend you stay in the front away from the pool the door to the pool bangs everytime some...
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank travelers201168
Las Vegas, Nevada
Reviewed September 14, 2012

The La Quinta Inn Suites in Salem Oregon is a very nice Hotel. The rooms are very well maintained excellent beds, clean top to bottom. There was free wi-fi internet available, nice indoor pool and very courteous staff. In the morning a modest breakfast buffet with bacon, eggs, waffles, muffins etc. was prepared and it was just enough. The hotel is right off the freeway and very easy to find. Maybe a little road noise during the day but very little in the evening. They split up the guest nicely as the Hotel was full but I couldn't hear any other guest.

I would certainly recommend this Hotel and would stay there again.

Room Tip: Staying in one of the room on the east side will eliminate any road noise. You could possible hear t...
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
Los Angeles, California
Reviewed September 12, 2012

I stayed here a few times. Never a complaint until my toilet backed up...I called for help and was given a dirty and I mean DIRTY plunger to clean the toilet myself. Kept calling manager to complain, no manager on site..EVER! Called corporate and complained called the manager to complain. Sent emails to complain. Stupid, ignorant owners. Don't waste your money.

Room Tip: Go elsewhere
  • Stayed January 2012, traveled on business
England
Reviewed September 9, 2012

It was cheaper than the Best Western over the road but is an average La Quinta at a higher end price. Room was clean and reasonably sized. Breakfast was varied and well stocked. On foot your culinary choice is Denny's - drive elsewhere. On the plus side the check in staff were good.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Stvjyn
Northwest
Reviewed September 6, 2012

The La Quinta in Salem is a clean, quiet place to stay. The rooms have recently been renovated and the entire hotel is kept very clean. The lobby is nothing fancy, but you don't stay in the lobby!! Breakfast area is a little cramped and the food is a typical hotel breakfast. There are hot choices available which is a plus. Coffee is horrible and juice is watery are the only complaints there. Beds are comfy but very little counter space in bathroom. We removed the coffee maker to the closet while we were there which helped a lot. Pillows are ok, they are some type of foam and only half size of regular pillows. Sits behind a Costco and easy freeway access. No road noise and never heard any other guests, even while staying on a busy labor day weekend. Parking lot is extremely tight!! If you have a Suv or larger vehicle be prepared. Not easy to maneuver at all. Staff were all very friendly. No hot tub, which was disappointing , just a pool. Fitness room is typical hotel fitness room. Would stay there again, the price is good for what you get.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family