“Adequate”

Ranked #5 of 23 Hotels in Salem
Bellevue, Washington
“Adequate”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 26, 2011

The initial key did not work, but the staff was helpful in solving the issue. The breakfast was fine. I was on the third floor, and could hear people in the room above me walking.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (73)
Portland, Oregon
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 10, 2011

I've never seen so many dogs in one hotel... There were dogs everywhere, I'd asked if there was a dog show. There was not.. anyway, i thought that was odd..
All i have to say is average.. Oh, it is RIGHT NEXT DOOR to Costco, which makes the entrance to the hotel kind of difficult if you are going down Hawthorne.
This hotel is not located downtown, which was a bummer.

Room Tip: i tried to find a cheaper rate on the internet there was nothing they charge by the person. It was a...
  • Stayed September 2011, traveled with family
Oregon
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 17, 2011

I loved the breakfast and the staff was professional and kind. The areas are all clean and there is a lot of parking. The location is ideal for downtown Salem. On the bad side, one of the towels was obviously blood stained in the bathroom and the walls were so thin that it gave me nightmares. I also was on the first floor, in the middle and the foot traffic in the hallway was long into the night and early in the morning. They allowed dogs too which I did not like as the room next to me had an arguing couple and a yappie dog.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
1 Thank iamannie44
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 30, 2011

My family and I stayed at this hotel for just one night but we wished we could have stayed longer. I could not have asked for better accommodations. The staff was super friendly and accommodating, the rooms were very clean and nice looking. The beds...AMAZING!! super comfortable!! The breakfast was excellent! And they were really good about keeping things stocked up so if something ran out, they were replacing it immediately. Hotel was super easy to find. And its a pet friendly hotel so our puppy could come with us. The ONLY reason I gave my overall score a 4 was because the indoor pool was a little on the chilly side. It is heated but the temp could have been bumped up a notch. My children didn't seem to mind the temp one bit though. So it wasn't too bad. Other than that little detail, I was very happy with our stay and we will be going back any time we stay in the Salem area!! Thank you to all you hard workers at La Quinta in Salem Oregon for making our stay so wonderful!

• Stayed May 2011
2 Thank Cristamcd3
SLC, UT
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 29, 2011

We were at this La Quinta for only one night, but it was a really nice visit. The staff was gracious, helpful, and genuine. It felt very much like they cared about providing a good experience. Our double room was adequate and comfortable, with nothing too crazy-special, nor amiss. We found none of the negative issues mentioned in previous reviews. We didn't have any special requests, but honestly feel that if we had had any issues, they would have been resolved immediately. Although we didn't expect much from the free breakfast, it turned out to be more than we thought it would. We spent Easter morning here, and had all the breakfast requirements of a larger, more impressive restaurant. It was self-serve, but more than sufficient to get us back on the road. We would definitely visit this La Quinta again.

• Stayed April 2011, traveled as a couple
Dallas, Oregon
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 24, 2011

Muddy parking lot. Inside of building looked rundown. Elevator needed to be painted do to graffiti. Room was dirty, very dusty and lots of cobwebs. Floors needed to be vacuumed all throughout. Key card did not work properly. Night shift staff was very unprofessional.

• Stayed February 2011, traveled with family
1 Thank 13richie
Keno Or.
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 2, 2011

I have stayed at La Quinta in many places because I usually have a great stay. This time however I stopped in at 10:30 pm the room was freezing I called the night auditor at 12 :35pm to check the heater, he said it was fine, I finally fell asleep very cold around 2:15am and woke up at 7am roasting. I was miserable, great hotel just dont stay on the 4th floor in the middle of the night.

• Stayed January 2011, traveled solo