“Great value Great stay”

Comfort Inn & Suites
Ranked #11 of 24 Hotels in Salem
Reviewed February 13, 2013 via mobile

I went Salem to drop my buddy We stayed at comfort inn and suite . Location was good .I like room size and breakfast was good and i like the variety in breakfast. Beds were very comfy. We would stay here again. All the best.

• Stayed: February 2013
There are newer reviews for Comfort Inn & Suites

Reviewed February 1, 2013

This is the 1st time we've stayed on this property on our way to Arizona. It's clean and comfortable. Front desk staff was very nice. Good breakfast. Fridge and microwave in the room which is always appreciated. I really like the fact that they had a safe in the room. I found the rate to be a little high, and that was a senior rate, compared to other hotels in other towns along our way. Having said that, Salem seems to be higher priced overall in hotels unless you stay in a hotel that doesn't have a very good reputation. Would stay here again but next time would try to find a better rate for this property online.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed January 23, 2013

We have never been disappointed with this property. The pool is warm and is the only one my husband will actually get into and play! The hot breakfast is great and my kids love the snacks in the evening.

Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed January 23, 2013

Our family has stayed at this hotel several times while visiting relatives in the area. We have always found it to be clean and comfortable. Compared to most hotels in the area the price seems to be very reasonable. The kids have always enjoyed the continental breakfast provided downstairs. I'm sure we will be staying here again in the future.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed December 19, 2012

We used to stay at Best Western, thought they had the great reputation, till we hit the "Worst Western" on our travel. When we conversed with the BW people, it was apparent anyone can buy the name, they really don't care.

We stayed at the Comfort Inn here in Salem, and it was a shining light. So much better than any of the BW we stayed in. The rooms were well kept, clean, good tv and internet. The breakfast in the morning was pretty standard, as much as we would expect. Very pleasant people.

When we travel, we're not booking into the expensive places just to sleep and get on our way, but we do want a pleasant place. This was less expensive by 15%, and better by 90%.

We hope other Comfort Inns will be as good. This was a good experience.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed November 17, 2012

Took a trip with the Family this time. Business for me family get together for them. Drove 467 miles and put in a 19 hour day. Got to the Comfort Inn in Salem and just wanted a shower and some quiet so I could start processing my business reports on my lap top. When we reserved the room we asked specifically for a room " AWAY FROM PUBLIC AREA RENOVATIONS, WITH STRONG WIFI SIGNAL". We also asked for a room with a hide-a-bed for the teen age boy. Freaking horrible! The hide-a-bed was so filthy that I wanted to shove it out the door. We had 2 towels in our room for 4 people to shower with. My wife and I both went down to get more towels. I wont even list the girls name as she was so pathetically useless. She said they don't have anymore towels. They have to get them out of rooms that are empty because the owners wont buy new. I was in shock, I asked how are we supposed to shower? she just shrugged her shoulders and went back to her phone call with a friend that at this point had gone on for about 30 minutes. We also asked about the hide-a-bed and she said she would have to email the manager and she could let us know tomorrow..................

The following morning my daughter and I went down to check out breakfast. muffins were hard, cereal was soft from sitting out too long, there was some small individually packaged pastries that were okay but dated out.

Now please understand that I am not a negative person, I just don't let these Hotels get away with this crap. We have choices and we will make different ones when we come back. I myself travel a great deall. In the last 4 years I have stayed in Hotels across the U.S. aprox 290 nights. I don't write reviews on alll of them, just the ugly and the occasional above and beyond one. So take my advice for what it's worth... pass on the Comfort Inn & Suites in Salem. too costly and they really don't care if you like it or not.

Room Tip: You are better off sleeping on a bench at McDonalds
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank Tizmyn
Reviewed November 8, 2012

Upon returning to our room we asked how to connect our iPad to the wifi. We were informed that the wifi at this location will not work with an iPad. HUGE problem for many, not just us. If this is a known problem it should be addressed or noted somewhere on their web page.

• Stayed: November 2012