“Nice & clean, but noisy.”

Comfort Inn & Suites
Ranked #11 of 24 Hotels in Salem
Reviewed December 22, 2011

Rooms were nice and clean, beds were pretty comfortable, staff was welcoming, pool & hot tub a hit with us all after a long day driving. But the noise from the traffic on the I5 (even through double glazed windows and the assurance of staff that our room was quiet – even though it faced the I5) and the air conditioner meant that those of us who are light sleepers (like me) didn’t get a restful sleep. Breakfast was a pleasant, standard hotel breakfast, but for me personally, as someone who takes a while to fall asleep, the noise of trucks and traffic would keep me away from staying here again.

Room Tip: Rooms are fine if you don't mind traffic noise - if you do, consider ear plugs...
  • Stayed: December 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank Trace123NewZealand

Reviewed December 1, 2011

Felt like a Super 8. Breakfast was terrible. Bed sheets were rough. Comforters looked like old army sleeping bags. Cheap tub. Even their "Cheerios" were bad. Heater was a noisy under the window unit.

• Stayed: November 2011, traveled on business
2  Thank MsRumphius
Reviewed December 1, 2011

I stayed here over Thanksgiving weekend because I was in town to be with my family. I felt like the service was excellent, they have a good complimentary breakfast, and the pool and spa was a nice addition for the price. The only down side is their late check out is only an extra half an hour, where most places will give up to two hours, but it's understandable. The room was clean and comfortable with cable T.V. and the hotel was overall pretty quiet.

• Stayed: November 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed November 21, 2011

For me, this hotel was not necessarily outstanding in any way, but it was consistent in quality, service, convenience, and value. Located at I-5, there was no lack of food, shopping, and amenities in the immediate area. One of the staff was even able to point me to several good places to get a haircut. The rooms are clean, the breakfast good, the staff helpful. The only complaint I had was the internet; I had difficulty getting online. I kept getting asked for a password, even though the front desk said there was none. This happened several times. I had never seen their particular internet provider at any other Choice hotel. Other than that, it was a good stay.

• Stayed: November 2011, traveled on business
Reviewed November 13, 2011

The hotel is conveniently located off I-5 freeway. The rooms were not bad, but nothing to get excited about. They were clean and comfortable but there is moderate road noise.

The breakfast bar had a decent selection; sausage patties, egg patties (like a fast food place), toast or English muffins, some fruit and yogurt, limited pastries, three cereals (two sweetened), coffee, milk and watered down tasting OJ and apple juice. You can also make your own waffle.

The pool area was loud, but most are. The stairwells have s funky smell, but not the room we stayed in. The shower was nice but the toilet clogged on a whim. When we called for a plunger we had to go get it instead of staff bringing it up...ick.

The price was very good (below the listed "average" price) and the kids were happy with the place. If I were travelling with just my wife, I would not select this hotel again. We'd go for something nicer. But, this hotel was utilitarian enough to suit our purposes on this trip.

• Stayed: November 2011
1  Thank sp4301
Reviewed August 30, 2011

Great management...great people...great hospitality...looking forward to coming back...it' like home away from home!

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled with friends
Reviewed September 24, 2010

My wife and I stayed here for 4 nights in September.

Positives: Convenient location off the I-5 and central location to Downtown Salem or Lancaster Malll. Service was fine but a little quirky. Rooms were nicely furnished and comfortable.

Negatives: Breakfast Bar could be better with more variety. Slow elevators...

We were real pleased with our stay here and would definitely recommend this property.

• Stayed: September 2010, traveled as a couple