“OK but no great shakes”

Crossland Economy Studios - Salem - North
Ranked #16 of 24 Hotels in Salem
Reviewed July 29, 2014

• Stayed: July 2014, traveled solo
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com
1  Thank Chestine A

Reviewed July 23, 2014

This was not what we expected. At first glance, it appeared ok. Staff is very nice and friendly.
Room was clean, but that is about all. Where do I begin? The bed - if that was a full size bed - I would be shocked. The TV - 20 inch square - the entire TV and the remote did not work, screen way too small, no guides as to what channels, etc. The towels were extremely thin. The shower - was good - no tub - but very warm water. Didn't even have plastic glasses wrapped in plastic - had to ask for glasses to drink from. A dark room. WiFi is weak and the stronger WIFI - they wanted payment for - so not really free. I didn't feel safe for my car.
Pass on this one.

• Stayed: July 2014, traveled on business
3  Thank kat0528
Reviewed July 2, 2014

Staff was very friendly and helpful. I liked that I could have my pet with me. Room was disappointing to say the least, it was clean but there was an odor that I could not identify. The smoke alarm was missing and I was told it would be checked. I stayed here for two nights and when I left the smoke alarm was still missing. Beds are DOUBLE as in narrow and uncomfortable for two people. This will be my first and LAST time to stay here.

Stayed: June 2014, traveled as a couple
2  Thank dorris311
Manager_11525, General Manager at Crossland Economy Studios - Salem - North, responded to this reviewResponded July 14, 2014

We appreciate you taking the time to write a review of your experience with us. We are very sorry that your room did not meet your expectations. We will be working with our housekeeping staff and our maintenance engineer to ensure that every room is cleaned properly and that everything is in working order prior to our guest's arrival. We are glad that you found our staff to be friendly and enjoyed the comfort of having your pet with you.

We appreciate you bringing this to our attention. We hope that you will contact us directly, at SLM@extendedstay.com, should you wish to discuss this further. We would love to have another chance to provide you with a better experience at our hotel the next time you're in town.

Reviewed June 27, 2014

I travel approximately 6 to 8 times a year and this is the worst hotel I have ever stayed in!! first of all, my mother and I reserved a room and had to sleep in the same full size bed which I will say was a comfortable bed, however it was not an ideal setup.I also got a room for my brother who was traveling for his daughters graduation from Oregon State which is in Corvallis but we were unable to get a room there. he was staying with his wife and his 17-year-old son. online it shows the rooms with two beds and maybe a couch that lets out into a bed however his room like mine only had a full-size bed they were specific in letting the hotel know that there will be three people however my sister-in-law and nephew had to stay in Corvallis with my niece. my brother has stage for colon cancer so his comfort is important to me. His room smelled like cigarettes, so I switched rooms with him. We moved him (with his family to another hotel the following day). We asked the workers (either Debra or Brenda and some nice, young girl) to move him to another room with two beds and they would not. I checked the internet that night and it stated that they had rooms that would accommodate two adults and two children at that hotel so either they had the rooms and would not accommodate us or they are lying on the Internet, either way they are liars and I would never stay there. if I did not have the money to pay more for room elsewhere, I would sleep in my car!!

Room Tip: Do not stay here!
  • Stayed: June 2014, traveled with family
4  Thank Robinha45
Reviewed June 14, 2014

This is not the first time I've stayed in this motel, it has been a year so I don't remember if any of the rooms smelled bad last year. But this last week my room stank for about 2 days. I'm not a germaphobe, everything looked clean.

The bed was comfortable to me, room looked clean, my only complaint is that it smelled bad.

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled solo
3  Thank cathy s
Reviewed May 28, 2014

My room was extremely dirty. There stains all over the sheets, mold on the wall, cigarette burns all over the comforter, and something thick and splattered all over the ceiling. It appears it is designed to be a very inexpensive option for people to stay for an extended period of time. My room smelled terrible. I went out and bought eye drops and allergy meds to get through the 2 days I had booked. I wouldn't stay here again if it were free. I have plenty of pics available if the hotel mgmt would like to see.

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled solo
2  Thank Meredith36
Manager_11525, General Manager at Crossland Economy Studios - Salem - North, responded to this reviewResponded June 6, 2014

I want to thank you for taking the time to write a review of our hotel. I apologize that you were not pleased with the cleanliness of our hotel. I will be meeting with our housekeeping staff to review our cleaning standards and procedures to ensure your experience is not repeated. Thank you for choosing Extended Stay Hotels. We hope to have the opportunity to provide you with a better experience in the future.

Reviewed May 3, 2014

The price was right. Took me a few attempts to get to the hotel since there is no nearby interstate exit. The room smelled a little funky. The bedside light did not work. The TV was small. The carpet was fraying quite a bit. The bed was hard (and I'm a big guy). The bathroom was nice. The thing that really ticked me off though is the thin walls. I was just falling asleep when the guy next door started to verbally abuse someone in his room. The language was foul and it disturbed me how mean he was to the person. The room worked as a quick stay-over night, but I won't stay here again.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled solo
2  Thank BrentB24
Manager_11525, General Manager at Crossland Economy Studios - Salem - North, responded to this reviewResponded May 12, 2014

Brent - I want to thank you for taking the time to write a review of our hotel. I apologize that you had difficulties getting to our location. As well, I am sorry to hear about the issues you experienced with the smell and condition of your room. I will be meeting with our housekeeping staff to review our cleaning standards and procedures to ensure your experience is not repeated. I would also like to apologize for the noise disturbance you encountered from neighboring guests. Your comments will be useful as we continue to improve our guest experience.

Thank you again for your feedback. We hope to see you again, should your travels bring you back to our area.