“overnight, business”

Crossland Economy Studios - Salem - North
Ranked #16 of 24 Hotels in Salem
Reviewed October 31, 2013

Basic but clean. Needed relatively inexpensive place near my employment to stay overnight for sleep and to grade papers, since I taught evenings and had a Friday AM meeting on campus. Small, but had refrigerator (kitchenette, actually) and a well-lighted table for work space. Comfortable bed, friendly staff. No complaints and I has since stayed several times for similar visits.

Room Tip: have been on both 2nd and 3rd floors. No problem.
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank lindarichard2013
Manager_11525, General Manager at Crossland Economy Studios - Salem - North, responded to this reviewResponded November 6, 2013

Thank you for your review of our property. I'm thrilled that your stay was comfortable and our staff was friendly. So glad to hear that you liked the kitchen and well lighted work space.

Thank you again for sharing your experience with us. We look forward to seeing you again in the future.

There are newer reviews for Crossland Economy Studios - Salem - North

Reviewed October 20, 2013

This was the most horrible experience I ever have had. I made arrangements to check out at 2:30 pm and had police officers arrive an hour and half earlier than that to escort me off property because I got upset over sheets that had biological contaminants on them and that I shared that with guests checking in. The police officers kept threatening to arrest me because I was telling them my side of the story and not packing fast enough. Then they opened all drawers and kept handing my things to me without my permission because they told me I was trespassing when I had made an arranged check out time that had not passed. I was even still charged for this service and treatment for my stay.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled solo
4  Thank Jean165084
Reviewed October 9, 2013

We expected a lot from Extended Stay America hotels. However, the quality of room and service was pretty bad. The lady at the frontdesk was really terrible and was asking too many questions just to get the room cleaned and get the towels replaced.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank Tulasi K
Manager_11525, General Manager at Crossland Economy Studios - Salem - North, responded to this reviewResponded October 14, 2013

I appreciate you taking the time to write a review of your experience with us. I sincerely apologize that we did not provide you with the quality of room and service you expected. I am so sorry our staff was terrible and asking too many questions and you had difficulty exchanging towels. We encourage our front desk staff to engage in pleasant conversation with our guests, I am sorry we failed at that.

I am reviewing with our staff the importance of providing a friendly conversation and service. I invite you to contact me at SLM@extendedstay.com if you have any additional comments. We would love to have another chance to provide you with a better experience at our hotel the next time you're in town.

Reviewed October 2, 2013

We stayed at Crossland for 3 weeks & found the property to be conveniently located, and our studio to be clean, comfortable and equipped to a level appropriate to the price. We liked having a fully equipped kitchenette to save on restaurant costs and the laundry was useful for our longer stay. The staff readily attended to anything we asked; and provided helpful local advice. The only negative for us was that the free Wi-Fi was very slow, but we understand that a boosted speed was available for a modest extra price. We would certainly stay at Crossland again, and based on our experience, we will try other Crossland properties in the future.

Room Tip: Our room on the top floor, on the side furthest away from the Interstate Highway, was quiet, with li...
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank hughandmaggie

Hugh and Maggie - Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay. I'm so pleased to hear that you found our hotel to be a great value for the money. I am so happy that our fully equipped kitchenette saved you money. I am especially thrilled that staff readily attended to your needs. I will be sure to let them read your comments. It was our pleasure to help you when you needed it.

Reviewed October 1, 2013

My daughters and I needed a budget priced place to stay for a couple days while visiting someone in Hospital ...found this place online. OMG I have never stayed in such a filth pit in my life! I would NOT RECOMEND THIS PLACE TO ANYONE!!!! Its nastyy and dirty, broken down beds, stained and filthy carpets ..filthy bathroom..I didnt even stay there, I stayed up at the hospital.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled with family
5  Thank suzan w

Suzan - I received a copy of your review, and wanted to take a moment to personally respond. I am so disappointed that you found your room was disgusting and dirty, as well as the and carpet. Please accept my apology. In response to your feedback, I am reviewing bed replacements, and guest rooms will be thoroughly detailed by our housekeeping staff.

I am grateful for the feedback you provided so we are able to continually improve our hotel. If you have any additional feedback, please reach out to me at SLM@extendedstay.com. I do hope that you will return to our hotel, or any other Extended Stay Hotels location in the future.

Reviewed August 27, 2013

This is the third year we have stayed at Crosland's. We usually book on line then phone and ask for room on 2/3 floor in the front. No problems. They will provide extra pillows etc. if required. We visited in June 2013 and they had free Wi Fi. Hope to visit next year.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank WestonSuffolk
Reviewed August 24, 2013

Internet access is non existent. When contacted; staff refer you to a 800#. Takes about a hour to reach someone, then have to do the normal stuff every time to find out that its NOT your computer its something upstream with the provider. Had to call at least six times to get Internet going again. Buttons on the phone stick; had to get front desk to transfer the call in, lots of noise from inconsiderate guests next door. Sink was falling off the bathroom wall. The dresser and furniture looked to be very warn and old/no way I'd put my stuff in those drawers. A couple spiders kept me company in the room. Have to ask the front desk for extra's of everything/toilet paper/soap/shampoo, etc. Not enough electrical outlets to plug chargers in. No counter space. Be careful or your bathroom items will fall off into the toilet. There is no space in the room. I'll consider other motel rooms before choosing this one again.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled on business