Crossland Economy Studios - Salem - North
Ranked #16 of 24 Hotels in Salem
Reviewed July 29, 2013

EXCELLENT experience! First, I made an error in registering and Debra Stewart very patiently helped me. Mariah, the woman who checked me in was simply fabulous -- she was pleasant, kind, efficient, and in my 50+ years of traveling, I can honesty say she was in the TOP 1%. I have had experiences with many people who are either pleasant or kind or efficient, but she has to be the first who was all the above.

Room Tip: If you're looking for a place that is conveniently located, has a nice small kitchenette, is cle...
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank gertieineugene
Manager_11525, General Manager at Crossland Economy Studios - Salem - North, responded to this reviewResponded August 6, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay. I'm so pleased to hear that our location was convenient for you and the kitchen was such a plus. I am especially thrilled that Muriah as so pleasant, kind and efficient. I will be sure to let her read your comments. It was our pleasure to help you when you needed it.

Once again, thank you for sharing your experience with us. We look forward to welcoming you back in the future!

Reviewed July 8, 2013

This is the very basic hotel; while staying here you get a bed, internet, table, a small fridge, a tv, small closet space, microwave, stovetop, silverware, dishes, a frying pan, and a pot. That's the extent of the place, there's really not much to say about it.

I lived here for two months (it is an extended stay hotel) and I do not recommend that anyone live here for more than two weeks.

The internet is up and down but prepare for slow speeds. We paid the extra money for fast internet and it went from 5kb/s to 250kb/s, repeatedly going up and down, throughout the day so do not depend on the internet for downloads, steaming, or skype.

Room Tip: Ask for a room on the front so you are not facing the highway. You can get a toaster and a hairdrye...
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Ryder S
Reviewed July 5, 2013

I didn't expect much from this place right up until I opened the door. The price was so cheap that I figured we were gambling with how bad it could be. However, when I checked in, the service was excellent - friendly and helpful staff, and they really seemed to care that we were taken care of. When we entered the suite, we found a very clean and attractive suite that was comfortable to stay in. Even the nooks and crannies that typically don't get cleaned, were clean. The place may as well have been brand new. I think the place must have been recently renovated because everything was fresh. When I checked out, the staff were even friendlier, and seemed to actually care about my answer when they asked 'How was your stay?'. Honestly, it was the best place we stayed on our 2 week road trip, and the price was excellent. I would stay here again for sure. Oh and free wifi!

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank TravellingForCheap
Reviewed July 5, 2013

Found Crossland by searching Craigslist when we were planning our move to Salem. When we arrived our check-in was handled quickly and courteously considering the late hour. We were absolutely amazed at the cleanliness and size of the room (we had one with 2 double beds). It was very comfortable, and the property was quiet and well-kept. We stayed for an extended period, and during the entire stay the staff was always friendly, helpful, and attentive to our needs. I would recommend Crossland highly to any friend needing a place to stay in Salem.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Tom D
Reviewed June 30, 2013

The place is clean. The bed is comfortable. The internet is slow unless you want to pay extra. The room is small. There is no shampoo. There is no hair dryer. There is only one chair so it is hard for two people to eat at the table. There is no fitness center. I suggest that if you look around you'll almost certainly get a better deal at another place.

Room Tip: Ask for a room on the east side of the building so that you will be screened from the noiose from I...
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank albwilson
Manager_11525, General Manager at Crossland Economy Studios - Salem - North, responded to this reviewResponded July 10, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay. It's great to hear your report of the rooms being so clean and comfortable. I sincerely apologize that you were not told of the amenities we offer when you checked in. Although they are not in the room we do offer shampoo, hairdryers and an iron with ironing board upon request at the front desk.

If you have any additional feedback, please reach out to me at SLM@extendedstay.com. We would love to have another chance to provide you with a better experience at our hotel the next time you're in town.

Reviewed June 9, 2013

Hotel staff was great. There was a minor problem upon checkin with the cardlock, but front desk manager Brenda handled it quickly and professionally. This is the place to stay when in the Salem, Oregon area.

Room Tip: The I-5 side of the building is noisier, as you would expect. Still, it was not objectionable and I...
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank Philip M
Manager_11525, General Manager at Crossland Economy Studios - Salem - North, responded to this reviewResponded July 26, 2013

Philip - I received a copy of your review, and wanted to thank you for the wonderful comments. I'm so pleased to hear that Brenda was able to take good care of you in a professional manner. I will be sure to mention your compliment to her. Please know, we have double pane windows on the west side and that does help keep down the noise while in the rooms. Still, we will gladly place you on the east side as rooms are available.

Thank you for choosing Extended Stay Hotels. We hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed May 28, 2013

Salem, Oregon 97305
Email: SLM@extendedstay.com
Tel: 503-363-7557
Fax: 503-363-7665
The hotel staff are so nice and friendly and gracious. If you need something they are right there to help quickly. It's kindof expensive; especially, when they raise it to summer rates!!!!!
Studio “Suite”; stove top, small fridge-a bit more than a mini-fridge, kitchen sink, toaster at front desk if needed, small desk, double bed, air-con and heat, small dresser, weekly cleaning IF staying more than 8 days, utensils, pots, free towel exchange, free soap, shampoo, tissue, place to hang clothes, obvious hot water in small bathroom-shower only, wash and dry clothes machines downstairs 2 bucks each, small TV with less than normal amount of channels, in the 21st century, (23 channels) daily, weekly and monthly rates if you can figure out how it works, parking if you have a car, close to freeway, Walmart, Safeway, a main street, bus lines. No buses on weekends or holidays here!
Prices go UP in “summer.” Lots of prices for rooms just like airlines; “1001 prices for the same seat.” depends on day, time, length of stay+++++++++++++++++++++.
For me, it is OK, it is furnished since my house was vandalized and everything I used to own stolen including my car. No real complaints though I thought the price was a bit high. For me, I HOPE, it is a temporary stay though I've been here 8 weeks. Nowhere to go. An unfurnished apartment is no good for me; nothing left from hose burglary. Sleep on the floor? No!
DON'T AGREE with “Dirty, Bugs, Unfriendly Staff & Thieves”
I DID smell smoke from another (?) room in my bathroom.
I don't have ANY problems. I accept this place for what it is.
Mid April till “now”.

Room Tip: As usual, ask for a quiet room IF that is what you want. Handi-capped rooms available. 3 floors with...
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled solo
Manager_11525, General Manager at Crossland Economy Studios - Salem - North, responded to this reviewResponded June 28, 2013

I appreciate you taking the time to write a review of your experience with us. I am sorry to hear that your home was burglarized. Still, we are very happy that we were able to provide a "home" for you while you could not stay in yours. As well, it is great that you truly enjoyed all of the amenities our hotel has to offer. We hope you can return home soon!

Thank you again for your kind comments. We hope you continue to enjoy your stay with us.