“Great stay”

Crossland Economy Studios - Salem - North
Ranked #16 of 24 Hotels in Salem
Reviewed February 7, 2013

Great rates, great room, excellent customer service.
My wife and I had an emergency trip to salem as a result of a death in the family. With all of the stress of family arrangments and cost constraints, it was so nice to find the Crossland studios. Muriah found a room for us and even though the hour was latel, was courteous, warm and extremely helpful. The room was comfortable and clean. We will be planning on using Crosslands whenever we travel to Salem. Kudos to Muriah and Crosslands

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled with family
Manager-RDO, Manager at Crossland Economy Studios - Salem - North, responded to this reviewResponded February 11, 2013

First and foremost, we would like to extend our deepest condolences to you and your family for your loss. Despite the circumstances, we are very glad you chose to stay with us at the Crossland Economy Studios in Salem. Thank you so very much for your nice review of our property.  I am very glad to hear that Muriah was able to assist you in such a professional manner and make your trip a little less stressful. I will be certain to thank her personally. My entire staff strives to make every guest's stay totally enjoyable, and our greatest reward is validation that we've done just that.  As a member of the Extended Stay Hotels(sm) family, we are proud to be a part of the premier lodging source for business and leisure travelers looking for a great room at a great rate.  We know that our largest asset is our loyal base of customers like you, which is why we are so firmly committed to your satisfaction.   By continuing to provide our valued guests with exceptional value, we know Extended Stay Hotels(sm) will remain the #1 extended stay lodging source in the North America. Our condolences to you and your family and know that we would be thrilled to have you again as our guest. Tthanks you for all of your very kind words.

Reviewed January 18, 2013

The place is okay. I think you guys should offer rooms with bath tubs, but other than that I have enjoyed our stay here. The staff is GREAT. They work really hard at keeping the hotel clean and the property up. Very friendly staff. I really like this place.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled on business
Manager-RDO, Manager at Crossland Economy Studios - Salem - North, responded to this reviewResponded January 21, 2013

I would like to personally thank you for taking the time out to write such wonderful things about your experience at Crossland Salem-North. Our hotel is totally committed to the satisfaction of every guest who walks through our doors, which is why it is so rewarding to get feedback like yours; it tells us that we are delivering on that commitment. Our business is one in which staff gets to know our guests, who sometimes stay with us for weeks or months. We believe that building a professional, courteous, and accommodating relationship with our customers will continue to bring them back for future stays. Once again, I and the entire staff at our hotel than you for your kind words, and we'd love to see you here again. Please don't hesitate to call on me for your future stays here or at any other Extended Stay Hotels location.

Reviewed January 14, 2013

We found the studio to be clean. One problem, heater went out and we had to move.

Would like to give rave review for Muriah, as she was very helpful and always cheerful.

The kitchenette was well appointed for our needs.

It could be very noisy at night which was difficult as we had to be up at 4am to get to work.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled on business
Manager-RDO, Manager at Crossland Economy Studios - Salem - North, responded to this reviewResponded January 30, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay at Crossland Salem - North. Given our company's commitment to superior guest service, it was great to read about your positive experience with our staff. Of course, I was disheartened to read that your stay wasn't 100% satisfactory. You certainly have my sincerest apologies. I am eager to respond to your issue. Please know that we strive to provide our guests with a relaxing home away from home experience. We do have systems in place to ensure that outside noise doesn't interfere with a guest's stay. Additionally, our hotels are constructed in such a way as to mitigate the noise from outside disturbances. In the event that you are disturbed by an outside event while in your room, a call to the front desk usually ensures a rapid resolution. In your case, we recognize that we failed to operate according to our standard practices, which caused the disturbance to last longer that it should have. Although it is unusual for a guest to have the experience you did while staying with us, we would like to use your account to help us make our hotel even better. Again, I am deeply sorry that you did not have a completely enjoyable stay at our hotel, and I promise that we are focused on total guest satisfaction every day. Please don't hesitate to reach out to me at this hotel or to our guest relations team directly by visiting our website and clicking the Contact Us link at the bottom of the page. I do hope that you will let me demonstrate our redoubled efforts in the future here or at any of Extended Stay Hotels(sm)' other locations throughout the U.S. and in Canada.

Reviewed January 3, 2013

I stayed at the crossland numerous times and the staff there is excellent and very accommodating. I am a student with a tight budget but I also like Quality, their prices it cannot be beat anywhere. very clean an updated rooms. the cleaning staff is respectful of your things it is a great hotel and I won't anywhere else in Salem. so if you're looking for a tidie peaceful place to stay with friendly people I would suggest going crossland n. salem its affordable at its best. Very easy to book mariha is a great empoyee that will remember u by name and is very helpful with the area. conveniently located! I have nothing but good things to say and will continue being a customer.

• Stayed: December 2012
Manager-RDO, Manager at Crossland Economy Studios - Salem - North, responded to this reviewResponded January 4, 2013

I would like to personally thank you for taking time out to write such wonderful things about your experience at Crossland Salem - North. Our hotel is totally committed to the satisfaction of every guest who walks through our doors, which is why it is so rewarding to get feedback like yours; it tells us that we are delivering on that commitment. We strive to provide a "home away from home" experience for all of our guests, no matter if they are staying for a night, a week, or a month. It sounds like we were able to do just that for you, and we are truly honored for your recognition. Once again, I and the entire staff at our hotel thank you for your very kind words, and we'd love to see you here again. Please don't hesitate to call on me for your future stays here or at any other Extended Stay Hotels(sm) location.

Reviewed October 3, 2012

The staff here is exceptional. I have never stayed in a hotel for an extended period of time. We had a few snags along the way, but Dana, the assistant manager and Muriah, desk clerk, were quick to take care of things and make us feel comfortable. All of the employees have been very pleasant. The rooms are clean and comfortable. They are in the process of upgrading and the new rooms are very nice.

Room Tip: The rooms in the back can be a little noisy if you want to open your windows.
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank laskagal
Manager-RDO, Manager at Crossland Economy Studios - Salem - North, responded to this reviewResponded October 8, 2012

Thank you so very much for your glowing review of Crossland Salem - North. Whenever I read comments like yours it always gives me such great pleasure. My entire staff strives to make every guest's stay totally enjoyable, and our greatest reward is validation that we've done just that. As a member of the Extended Stay Hotels(sm) family, we are proud to be a part of the premier lodging source for business and leisure travelers looking for a great room at a great rate. We know that our largest asset is our loyal base of customers like you, which is why we are so firmly committed to your satisfaction. We know you have many lodging options in the area, which is why providing you and every guest with professional, friendly service is our priority. I will be certain to thank Dana, Muriah, and the entire staff for taking such great care of you.

Reviewed July 15, 2012

We will be back. Next time with our friends and family for our wedding in Woodburn. We feel we can refer this company for guest that are out of town and know they will have a great experience. The prices are very reasonable! The GM EVEN CLEANED OUR ROOM TO ALLOW A HOUSEKEEPER TO GO HOME AFTRR A 10 HR. SHIFT. WE CHECKED IN AT 9 PM . WE CHECKED OUT AT 11am AND HE WAS STILL WORKING WITH A SMILE !!!!!

• Stayed: July 2012
ChristopherTM, Owner at Crossland Economy Studios - Salem - North, responded to this reviewResponded July 24, 2012

Thank you so very much for your glowing review of Crossland Salem - North. Whenever I read comments like yours it always gives me such great pleasure. My entire staff strives to make every guest's stay totally enjoyable, and our greatest reward is validation that we've done just that. I will be certain to personally thank Hans, the GM for taking such great care of you and his employees. Please know that we would be thrilled to have you again as our guest should your travel needs bring you back to our area. Once again, thanks for all of your very kind words.

Reviewed June 25, 2012

i don't think photos online represent this hotel. The room i stayed in was dirty and run down.. maybe an older version of the photos you see online. No shampoo/conditioner. The tv wouldn't work properly. i would turn the volume down and it'd change the channel. Very old tv. Bed was hard as a rock and i wouldn't walk on the carpet without shoes. Doors open to the outside, and i could hear everyone coming and going. cranked the ac, so i could block it out.

However, having said all that. If you are just someone that needs a quick sleep and off you go.. no comfort or extras.. then it works. you get what you pay for. cheap. Don't bring kids to this hotel.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank shar s
ChristopherTM, Manager at Crossland Economy Studios - Salem - North, responded to this reviewResponded July 18, 2012

I recently received a copy of your review of the Crossland Salem - North. Our company prides itself on providing great service and great rooms at great rates, which is why I was so disappointed to read your post. Please accept my most sincere apologies.