Crossland Economy Studios - Salem - North
Best Western Pacific Highway Inn(Salem)(Great Value!)
$103
The Grand Hotel
$113
$109
TripAdvisor
All reviewssmall kitchenan extended stay hotelfire alarmthe wi fitoaster
Reviewed October 30, 2011

Desk clerk was very pleasant, room was very clean. I didn't find the bed hard at all like everyone else says. In fact, I had one of my best nights sleep in years on this bed. I would definately stay there again. In fact, I'm planning on it. The only thing I would suggest for the manager, is to have a continental breakfast available.

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled solo
1  Thank Greg K
Reviewed October 16, 2010

My husband and I attempted to spend the night here for a wedding in Salem. We literally were in the room for less than half and hour when we were lying in bed and found ourselves covered with fleas. At first we were worried that they were bed bugs, but they began jumping off of our skin and clothes and were a bit small to be bed bugs. None the less, we immediately packed up our things, went to the office and asked for a refund and checked out. The room # was 232 for those that may want to know..
Fortunately, we booked thru expedia and they quickly (within literally 10 minutes) contacted the hotel, got us the refund, transferred the money to our account and booked us another hotel. This experience has solidified my confidence with expedia, but will forever make us check under the sheets and mattress pad of every hotel we stay at from here on out.

• Stayed: October 2010, traveled as a couple
3  Thank alienz
Manager-RDO, Manager at Crossland Economy Studios - Salem - North, responded to this reviewResponded January 31, 2011

Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay at Crossland Salem - North. Given our company's commitment to superior guest satisfaction, I was disheartened to read that your stay wasn't 100% satisfactory. Please understand how truly sorry I am.

Reviewed June 26, 2010

We were heading back to Washington and spent 1 night in the Crossland Salem, seemed like a decent room on check in, but we had ants and had to put all our food in the fridge or microwave to keep the bugs out, the receptionist gave us some cleaner and rags to try and knock the ants down (it didn't work), they did give us a discount, but the walls were paper thin, and the bed was very uncomfortable too, no ice machine, and nothing nearby, not even a minimart.
If you just need someplace cheap for 1 nite and are by yourself it might be ok, don't take your wife.

• Stayed: June 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed May 6, 2010

I did not pay very much for this room, and did not expect very much. Wireless internet is available for a $4.99 fee, though that is a one time fee for a month. The room was rather small, but it was just fine for one person. It did have a refrigerator, microwave, sink, and stove. The only complaint is that the bed I slept in was like a rock. It was surprisingly uncomfortable.

• Stayed: May 2010, traveled solo
Reviewed November 19, 2009

Staying with Crosslands in Salem is more than I can explain, from Staff ,to rooms, cleanliness, overall atmosphere. I have been back again many times & have told my other associates & family. I will also be checking into the other hotels in the chain, Portland, Eugene, & ect. Thanks is not enough.

• Stayed: November 2009, traveled on business