“Too close to the highway”

DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel North Salem
Ranked #4 of 24 Hotels in Salem
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed April 17, 2014

If staying at this hotel I would request a room away from the highway. The room and the staff are very good and the price is also good but noise level from I-5 is all night long. The breakfast was a plus and hot. I thought the staff was very friendly and had no complaints about them at all.

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled on business
1  Thank Tammy H
DeEstaD, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel North Salem, responded to this reviewResponded April 25, 2014

Thank you for your review on your recent stay! It always nice to hear good things about the service you received. I do understand that being close to freeway can make it difficult to sleep, so on your next stay please reach out to me personally and I will do what I can to make sure you're away from the freeway. Again, thank you for your feedback and we look forward to seeing you again!

Reviewed April 16, 2014

Hot free chocolate chip cookies on check-in, what's not to like?

This Doubletree is older, but has been nicely upgraded and maintained and is run with a quiet efficiency. Our room was large and clean, with a truely delightful older bathtub (deep and plenty of hot water) and a non-flow restricting shower head. We arrived late to find that there had been a missed communication about our need for a feather-free room. The front desk clerk said that there was no housekeeper on the premises but that she would be up shortly. Within 10 minutes she changed out the down pillows and comforter. We had another engagement in the morning and were unable to take advantage of the breakfast, but it looked very good. There is also free wi-fi and free parking. The only downside we saw was the location right up against I-5.

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled as a couple

Thank you for your kind feedback of our DoubleTree by Hilton hotel. We strive to make all of our guests feel at home and it looks like our front desk agent was able to do that. We value your feedback and hope to see you again the next time you are in town!

Reviewed April 13, 2014

This 'higher end' hotel did not meet up to other Double Trees hotels Ive stayed in, but it seemed better than other Hotels in the area. Try to stay on the south west corner, all other sides of the Hotel are on I-5 and a very busy noisy street.

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Thank you for sharing your thoughts on your recent stay. We value your feedback and strive to make every stay enjoyable. While it sounds like your stay was satisfactory, we would love the opportunity to make it great. If there is anything you would like to discuss further please contact me anytime. We look forward to gettting an opportunity to "wow" you on your next stay.

Reviewed April 6, 2014

You shoud be ashamed to call this property a DoubleTree. This property is nothing more than a done over Hampton Inn. Guest rooms are old and wore out. Very plain and unexciting. Bathrooms are small and hard to navaigate in. No full kitchen or staff in the hotel make this a very poor value for a Doubletree. Food was aweful, that of a Hampton Inn, plastic eggs, putty for breakfast gravy and microwaved biscuits hard enough to hurt eomeone with. Wait staff is very young, unprofessional, uncaring. Tattos and body pearcing exposed, untucked clothing, untiddy hair, and the overall apprearance of not caring and just their to collect a check.

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Thank you for your feedback regarding your stay at our hotel. I understand that your stay did not reach your expectations and for that I am truly sorry. Our PressNW cafe is different from a full service restaurant and I understand how that can be discouraging when you expected something else. We truly value your feedback and hope that you will give us another chance they next time you are in Salem.

Reviewed April 3, 2014

don't stay for business and have your employer pay for you because when you arrive they ask for a personal card to charge expenditures above and beyond the room but they ended up charging the whole room to my card. personal stay would be great

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Thank you for your Trip Advisor review. Your comments and concerns are invaluable. I have discussed the billing issues with the staff to make sure that there are no confusions in the future. We strive to make every guest happy before they leave the hotel and I apologize that that was not your experience. I hope we can have a future opportunity to change your mind and show you the quality service we provide here.

Reviewed March 29, 2014

Best looking hotel in the area...rooms were clean, lobby was nice. However, this is undoubtedly the most unprofessional staff (front desk, reservation) that I have ever dealt with. Very rude...If you are with a large group of children you may want to think twice before staying at this hotel. Staff yelled at the children in the pool area stating they were being to loud and guest were complaining of splashing. Now I would much rather have a bunch of children playing in the pool vice the the lobby and general areas. Again, beautiful hotel...clean and modern. However, the staff needs to be reprimanded for their unprofessional and rude behavior.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled with friends
1  Thank curt c
Reviewed March 24, 2014

We tried making reservations for this hotel and the staff was extremely rude on the phone. The first time I called, they hung up on me, the next time I called the lady was extremely rude stating she couldn't find the block of rooms that had been booked for us and didn't understand what I didn't get about that. I had to reserve online because she still would not help me. They put a card in our room for a cookie, my son went to get one and of course they were out. The front desk staff yelled at the kids when they were playing in the pool. One parent went to find out what the problem was and the staff backed off once the parent asked for the manager. Breakfast is 9.95 a person so we went across the street to mcdonalds and got breakfast. Our room was nice, but they really need to train their staff in customer service. It stinks!!!

• Stayed: March 2014