Nice foyer includes a couple of chess tables. The 2-queen bedroom was clean, spacious. Microwave and fridge were great. I was relieved that the sofa unfolded into a bed, since we were traveling with 2 teenaged boys. Good internet access, friendly staff. We have a kid with a nut allergy so we had to decline the cookies, but were cheerfully offered apples in their place. The pool and exercise room looked great, well-maintained. Very friendly staff.
The layout is best for the business traveler. Noticeable shortage of towel hangers in the bath room, impractical for more than one person, had to leave damp towels around the room for lack of anywhere to hang them in the bathroom. Lack of sink in the bathroom (only one sink available, in the main room) makes logistics complicated with 2 kids in tow. Self-serve $5 breakfast was fine but not outstanding, particularly in comparison with other Hilton properties.
Overall a good value.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- At our DoubleTree by Hilton hotel in Salem, Oregon, we are conveniently situated just off of I-5 in the heart of the Willamette Valley. Our Salem hotel is just 60 miles south of Portland and only 15 minutes from Oregon's famous wine country. We also offer close proximity to Salem's major business districts and government offices. On your next stay, warm up to a freshly baked cookie and our welcoming staff. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Expedia, Priceline, Orbitz, HotelsforEveryone, Cancelon, TripOnline SA and getaroom.com so you can book your DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel North Salem reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Phoenix Inn Suites North Salem Hotel Salem
- Phoenix Hotel North Salem
- DoubleTree By Hilton Hotel North Salem Oregon