“Good experience, friendly staff”

DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel North Salem
Ranked #5 of 24 Hotels in Salem
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed August 28, 2013

Nice foyer includes a couple of chess tables. The 2-queen bedroom was clean, spacious. Microwave and fridge were great. I was relieved that the sofa unfolded into a bed, since we were traveling with 2 teenaged boys. Good internet access, friendly staff. We have a kid with a nut allergy so we had to decline the cookies, but were cheerfully offered apples in their place. The pool and exercise room looked great, well-maintained. Very friendly staff.

The layout is best for the business traveler. Noticeable shortage of towel hangers in the bath room, impractical for more than one person, had to leave damp towels around the room for lack of anywhere to hang them in the bathroom. Lack of sink in the bathroom (only one sink available, in the main room) makes logistics complicated with 2 kids in tow. Self-serve $5 breakfast was fine but not outstanding, particularly in comparison with other Hilton properties.

Overall a good value.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family

Reviewed August 22, 2013

Friendly, helpful staff. Clean, comfortable rooms. Breakfast has a $5 surcharge, but the quality of the items is higher than at other hotels where breakfast is free. The cookie upon check-in is a nice touch. Salem is a very nice town. I really enjoyed my time there. Lots to explore. If I return to Salem, I will be staying at this hotel again.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed August 20, 2013

My experience at the Double Tree in Salem Oregon, was perfect. Gorgeous rooms and great staff and the bed was very comfortable...I had left my temperpedic pillow at home, and realized the next morning how comfortable I slept without my special pillos. I love thier cookies! I plan on trying other Double Tree hotels to compare in the near future.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed August 19, 2013

I have stayed at this particular Hotel several times. It is a wonderful place, neat, quiet and the staff are terrific. I was a bit disappointed this time however because they now charge for breakfast. When I travel and stay at a hotel it is always nice to have a complimentary breakfast before leaving, especially when you pay good money. Over all, I would recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed August 19, 2013

This hotel room was literally as big as a studio apartment. Super pet friendly! The room was as glamorous as the lobby and all of the staff were so very kind. We felt welcome, comfortable and sad when it was time to leave. We could have lived in that room! It was beautiful and pleasant and the bed was oh so comfy!

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed August 17, 2013

this hotel is good for those who wants to have quality rooms and service despite the distance from Portland. it's good choose with some local coffee shops around the area. the location is away from the city crowed and you will have a good rest and sleep

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed August 16, 2013

The hotel was conveniently located given our travel plan. The persons who checked us in and out(two different individuals)were both very competent and helpful. The 200 character requirement is silly - you just want feedback....

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton
Travelers also viewed these Salem hotels
The Grand Hotel in Salem
#11 of 24 in Salem
Red Lion Hotel Salem
Red Lion Hotel Salem
#8 of 24 in Salem

Been to DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel North Salem? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel North Salem

Address: 1590 Weston Ct NE, Salem, OR 97301-1846 (Formerly Phoenix Inn Suites North Salem)
Location: United States > Oregon > Salem
Bar / Lounge Business Center with Internet Access Fitness Center with Gym / Workout Room Free Parking Pets Allowed ( Dog / Pet Friendly ) Restaurant Suites Swimming Pool Wheelchair access
#3 Green Hotel in Salem
#4 Business Hotel in Salem
Price Range: $140 - $255 (Based on Average Rates for a Standard Room)
Hotel Class:3 star — DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel North Salem 3*
At our DoubleTree by Hilton hotel in Salem, Oregon, we are conveniently situated just off of I-5 in the heart of the Willamette Valley. Our Salem hotel is just 60 miles south of Portland and only 15 minutes from Oregon's famous wine country. We also offer close proximity to Salem's major business districts and government offices. On your next stay, warm up to a freshly baked cookie and our welcoming staff. ... more   less
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Expedia, Priceline, Orbitz, HotelsforEveryone, Cancelon, TripOnline SA and getaroom.com so you can book your DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel North Salem reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Phoenix Inn Suites North Salem Hotel Salem