“Nice to stay”

DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel North Salem
Ranked #5 of 24 Hotels in Salem
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed April 24, 2013

Nice and clean. Rooms looks recently remodeled and smells fresh. free continental breakfast, friendly knowledgeable staff. Close to some of the site seing places, easy access to highway. definitely would stay on my next visit

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Reviewed April 22, 2013

Everything was decent here, the wifi was a situation that was not handled- staff was little help and just when you think you had logged on it would kick you off. We had several devices to choose from and none of them worked.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton
Reviewed April 17, 2013

The hotel is beautiful and conveniently located in Salem. Having two queen beds and a sofa bed was a nice treat for three weary travelers. Our cookies were warm out of the oven. The beds were comfy and the room was very nice. The downside was breakfast - no proteins to be found. And the gravy for biscuits and gravy was more like warm yogurt. I would stay again, but would hope the breakfast could be improved.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed March 11, 2013

We stayed one night here for a business meeting. We had a room with 2 queen beds. The room was quiet, very clean and comfortable. The staff was friendly and helpful on check-in. The warm cookie hit the spot! Breakfast in the morning was good with a choice of cold and hot cereals, bagels, waffles and biscuits and gravy. The coffee was very good, better than most hotel coffee. We attended a meeting in the conference room. The food was great, I am not sure if the hotel provided the food or if it was catered in from another source. Would stay here again if needing a hotel in Salem.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed February 28, 2013

This used to be a Phoenix Inn and Suites. My husband and I have been regular customers of this particular property and used to always enjoy our stays. Unfortunately, this trip to Salem ended up costing us much more money than what we usually pay to stay in this building. I was completely dissatisfied with the remodel on the King Suites. They did not have the pool/spa area open and without any notice on-line nor was there any reduction in nightly rights to compensate for the fact that the amenities that we were paying for was currently unavailable. If this wasn’t bad enough, the new management changed their breakfast menu, which used to include eggs, sausage and other breakfast protein items. Now the only thing available is high calorie, high carbohydrates that people with certain medical conditions are not able to eat. Again, we were not compensated for the fact that we were unable to take advantage of their morning breakfast.
The front desk staff was very polite, but unable to make our experience any better and their only suggestion was to fill out a comment card to their manager.
I am very disappointed in my experience and I seriously doubt that I will spend $136.00 per night at that location again. I would much prefer to drive to Tigard and stay at the Embassy Suites!

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed February 20, 2013

The hotel is a newly renovated property. It became a Hilton property in November. It is new and meets all the expectations of a Hilton location. The "kitchen"/bar is re-heated pre-prepared food that is brought in, but is actaully not too bad. They have Pannis and other sandwiches and salads and the like. It wasnt great, but it was fine for a late night sandwich. If you want a good dinner, you will need to go out though.

All in all, the choices in Salem are limited. I will stay at this property in future stays.

Good beds, good internet speed, clean and comfortable rooms with a very nice and helpful staff.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed February 16, 2013

I spent one night in Salem in February 2013 on a business trip. Since I am a Hilton Gold, and enjoy the benefits, I try to stay in a Hilton chain whenever possible. This property was apparently in a different chain before being aquired by Doubletree, and was being remodeled. I felt safe, and the bed was comfortable. The closet in my room was covered by a curtain - which is the only time I've ever seen that in a Hilton chain hotel, so I think they've got a ways to go. It was an average hotel, but still not up to the quality I expect from Doubletree... however they are working to get there. I decided to hit the McDonald's next door for breakfast on my way out in the morning, so that says something, too.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business