Phoenix Inn Suites Salem
$110
$100
ComfortInn
Best Western Pacific Highway Inn(Salem)(Great Value!)
$103
The Grand Hotel
$113
$92
Priceline
All reviewswafflesbreakfast roombiscuits and gravydouble sinksgreat pillowsstores and restaurantsstay there againhotel is cleanindoor poolhard boiled eggscoffee makersitting areavisiting familyfront desk staffrooms are largethe staff was greatthird floor
Reviewed January 4, 2012

My hubby and I really enjoyed this hotel. We got a standard King room through hotwire, I was a little unsure at first because I had never heard of these hotels before. Our room was bright and spacious, the bed was super comfortable (especially the pillows!) and the room was nice and clean. The service was great and very friendly, breakfast was good enough.
The only downfall would be the bathroom. I found it to be very old and dated, bathtub could use a facelift. Great hotel for a night when passing through salem!

• Stayed: December 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed December 25, 2011

This is my place to stay when I come to Salem to visit my daughter and 7 grandkids. The staff has always honored my requests and I've never had any issues with noise, since I'm a VERY light sleeper. I've never been awakened. The beds are super comfortable, the place is clean and odor-free. I always feel safe when parking in the well-lit parking lot at night. The staff has always been cheerful and accommodating toward me. The breakfast is good and they keep is well-stocked during peak hours. The location is central to all of Salem's stores and attractions. I'm glad I found it!

• Stayed: December 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed December 18, 2011

The rooms are spacious and fairly well laid out. They are getting a little worn, but they are clean. The breakfast is fine, the usual hotel breakfast. The attendent during the week was very helpful. They ran out of juice one day and made no effort to get some. I was very unhappy with the customer service. We stayed for 5 nights. I had a couple of minor issues, but when I brought them up to the desk clerks, they acted like everything was my fault and made little effort to remedy matters. The pool was out of service the whole time we were there. The hotel is satisfactory, just don't expect much service.

• Stayed: December 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed November 4, 2011

This hotel has a lot of good points. The rooms are large, attractive, comfortable and reasonably priced. The staff is friendly and responsive.The breakfast is very good.The location is okay.

All in all, it could easily be 4 stars EXCEPT for one chicken _ _ _ _ point. They only provide one hand towel and one bath towel even for a king room (with two sinks) for two people. It seems that a baseball team stayed here once and used the towels to get the red clay off of their cleats so it only seemed fair - to Phoenix Inn - to punish all future guests.

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled with family
Jeremiah703, General Manager at Phoenix Inn Suites Salem, responded to this reviewResponded November 14, 2011

Thank you for posting a review about your stay it really does help understand where we can be better ourselves. I do want to apologize for not having enough towels in your room when you arrived. As it is true we have had some issues with clay stains on our terry and thought it best to remove those from the rooms so our guest can be assured to have nothing but clean white terry. Our front desk staff is the best in the business and I am sure they would have loved bringing you any amenities we have to offer. As a side note we have ordered new clothes and Towels; also in the rooms we will be offering cleaning towels that are a nice tan color so it does not mix with our splendid white terry.
Thanks,
Jeremiah Raymer
General Manager Phoenix Inn South Salem

Reviewed October 25, 2011

hotwire got us to Phoenix Inn & Suites, our first time in the chain, suite rooms, with room divider, I asked for renewed room and carpet was new, furnishings were aged a bit, but still ok, refrig in room and small microwave. morning breakfast ok. near trader joes and other stores, easy access off hwy 5 too.

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled on business