See what travelers are saying:
Reviewed June 18, 2018

On June 13, 2018 at 3:30pm I checked into room 126 at the Motel 6 Salem Expo Center. Entering the room I noticed a cleaning solution or air freshener smell. The sheets and bed were old. The wood floors were swept but had a dirt film. There was a large air gap above the threshold.

About 10pm I began noticing dog smell in my room. I tired to sleep but the smell kept me awake. I saw two choices; leave now or stay and try to sleep. It is risky driving tired at night but failing to sleep for hours in bed and then driving is dreadful. At 11:30 I called the front desk about the stench. I said I won’t sleep a wink tonight and I have to drive 600 miles tomorrow. I requested a room price reduction and was told ask Manager Frank who arrives at 8am. I asked what time is the lobby coffee ready and was told no coffee because of the Salem water problem. After the call I thought what a lame excuse for no coffee. It’s a Motel 6 amenity and all they need is some bottled water which the city of Salem provides free. My choice was now crystal clear. I wrote Frank a note, packed, and checked out by midnight.

Eleven hours & 562 miles later I arrived home. On June 15th I phoned Frank and was denied a price reduction. Frank said, you had choices; you could have asked for another room or had yours cleaned. I received no offer for room change or clean. I asked, how do you clean dog smell from a room? Frank paused, replied goodbye and hung up.

• Stayed: June 2018, traveled with friends
Manager3195, General Manager at Motel 6 Salem Expo Center, responded to this reviewResponded June 19, 2018

Dear Valued Guest,

We are sorry to hear about your most recent stay with us. As was stated we were more than happy to address issues with the room. Motel 6 is a pet friendly hotel and we do our very best in maintaining our property. As far as concerns with the property we can always fix problems when they arise if given the chance. We are sorry we were not allowed the do this for you.

As far as the water issues with Salem, the coffee machine is tied into the main water supply and heating the water makes the contaminants worse. This issue has hurt many businesses in the area and we are all trying out best to work though it. Yes it is true the city is provide water to those who are in need of it for drinking (not bottled).We now have a single use home brew coffee pot for coffee as this is to last another two weeks ( keep in mind this was to only last a day or two).

Again we are sorry to hear about your recent stay with us and would have loved to address all issues if we were given a chance to speak. We thank you for taking time out of your busy schedule to provide your feedback. We strive to provide a superior guest experience, and I am sorry yours did not meet expectations. Rest assured appropriate measures are being taken to address the problem and prevent future occurrence. We appreciate your sharing your concerns.

Sincerely, General Manager

Reviewed May 24, 2018

Traveling with a small child for a 2 day lay over going thru to California. Floors were not swept, Spiderwebs in most of the corners and walls. I was too tired from traveling so long that it didnt bother me or keep me up and glad we didnt get bit. I need to get a lamp to see if sheets were clean for future after staying at this location which gave me the creeps. Reserved ahead of time. price would have been better to just show up and could have saved $20/night. Very busy street and train goes by early a.m. and late evening.

Room Tip: check for spider webs and clean floors
  • Stayed: April 2018, traveled with family
Motel6Salem, Hotel Manager at Motel 6 Salem Expo Center, responded to this reviewResponded June 2, 2018

Dear Guest,

We’re pleased that you took the time to comment on our hotel so that we can respond to your concerns. I apologize that you noticed some cleanliness concerns. Everything we do is aimed at improving the guest experience, and we obviously let you down in some ways. When you’re in the area again, we invite you to try us again. You can expect a much better experience in the future because we’re improving every day.

Hotel Manager

Reviewed May 6, 2018

This is an older property that was recently remodeled. It was clean, airy, with laminate flooring that made it very pet friendly. The staff were friendly and took pride in what they did. It's in a semi rural location that made it a little more relaxing and quiet.

Room Tip: All rooms appeared equal
  • Stayed: May 2018, traveled with family
Frank M, General Manager at Motel 6 Salem Expo Center, responded to this reviewResponded May 8, 2018

Dear Valued Guest,

We thank you for your comments and are happy to hear you enjoyed our remodel. I is good to know our staff was nice and you are right they do take pride in what they do. We are glad we could proved you with a comfortable clean room and thank you for choosing Motel 6 Salem Expo Center.

Thanks,

Reviewed April 6, 2018

I would definitely recommend this hotel. I have used it three times now, twice for multiple days.Clean, comfortable rooms, great value for money, great customer service. Location was just perfect!!!!!

Stayed: May 2017, traveled on business
Motel6Salem, Hotel Manager at Motel 6 Salem Expo Center, responded to this reviewResponded April 12, 2018

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review in regards to your recent stay at our hotel. We appreciate your feedback and are delighted to hear you say "loved staying here". You are welcome again.

Hotel Manager

Reviewed March 29, 2018 via mobile

The remodel looks great. I love the retro feel with new finishes. The motel is under amazing management that really cares. Great prices too! And to top it off Salem Expo Center is right, just a short jaunt down Lana Rd and you're at the State Fairgrounds.

Stayed: March 2018, traveled solo
M68709BO, General Manager at Motel 6 Salem Expo Center, responded to this reviewResponded March 30, 2018

Dear Valued Guest,

We thank you for your comments, and are happy to hear you loved our remodel. We pride ourselves on giving the best costumer service we can. The team was excited to hear that we meet this goal with you. Again we thank you for your comments, and hope to see you again in your future travels, and thank you for choosing Motel 6 Salem Expo Center

Thanks,
Motel 6 Team and Manager Frank.