“The best bread and lunch goodies in town!”
Review of Houlton Bakery

Houlton Bakery
Ranked #1 of 1 Bakeries in Saint Helens
Reviewed March 12, 2012

This is both your typical and not so typical bakery. If you are looking for just another place to buy donuts and chocolate chip cookies you'll want to pass this by. If you are looking for tasty vanilla cream sandwiched between crumbly butter cookies, a croissant prepared ala francais, the best made-from-scratch pizza, or the best damn french baguette - then this is your place. I have been coming to this place since they opened about 5 or 6 years ago, and really, while the pricing is not what this town is used to, it is neither extreme or outrageous, and it really is worth it! I have never had a bad item from this place.

Reviewed January 30, 2012

You expect a bakery to open early, but they don't open til 9? Can't get a morning coffee that other reviews mention, no donuts to bring to work or business meetings...I don't go to the only bakery in town for lunch, so I would go their for what bakeries r for, donuts and pastries, bagels and such, but if they don't open their doors, how can I even try them? One of my fondest memories was when there was a bakery downtown and before school my mom would bring me there to grab a donut...except this place opens well after school is in session so can't even enjoy a favorite memory, and being an adult now I'd pick a bagel for breakfast but can't even get in in time for breakfast ...safeway it is--for a community that wants us to support local the businesses sure make it hard!! I've been wanting to try them for years but always closed!

Reviewed July 29, 2011

Forget the fast food, this is real food. Made with the freshest ingredients following old world recipes, you are in for a treat. Soup, salads, sandwiches, killer cookies, drop dead desserts, bakery & pastry items you won't find in a traditional bakery and a great variety of the best breads. The menu changes daily but it is all good. Once you have visited Houlton Bakery you will be hooked. Open Tuesday - Saturday, 9-4, just one block off Hwy. 30 on the way to Old Town St. Helens.

Reviewed July 29, 2011

My wife and I stop by here frequently for Cappuccini. They make it the way it's supposed to be made, strong coffee on the bottom, foam on the top. Like the Italians drink it. None of this Americanized Starbucks stuff. A little snickerdoodle cookie to go with it...heaven. We like their homemade breads too. The only bakery in area that bakes challah bread, and a few others. Nice relaxed atmosphere to enjoy a cup and watch the world pass by.

1  Thank Ray B
Reviewed April 7, 2011

Lots to love here: delicious pastries, entrees, salads,soups & sandwiches with real ingredients - accept no substitutes. I stop in for coffee & pastry several days a week before heading off to work and always enjoy my visits. Friendly, efficient staff make customers feel welcome, and the almond torte I had this morning was DIVINE! If you haven't been there you need to give it a try - and stop by my table to say hi, if I'm there.