“so good i went there 3 times in a week!”

Klondike Restaurant & Bar
Ranked #1 of 47 Restaurants in Saint Helens
Cuisines: American
Good for: Families with children, Special occasions, Romantic, Business meetings
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Dinner, Reservations
Description: Steak And Seafood
Reviewed June 24, 2013

If you are staying in St.Helens this is a must! The service is pretty good, even if a bit forgetful at times, but what they may lack in memory power they make up in laughs, enthusiasm, and free desserts!
I went there 3 times for dinner, I had a steak, burger and halibut, all were really well cooked and tasty. I also tried the wings as an apetizer and the lemon cheese cake. The menu stopper though is the deep dish chocolate chip cookie! OHMYGOD that dessert is incredibly good!

1  Thank Gtrainexpress

Reviewed May 4, 2013

My husband and I had a quick lunch while touring the area. We settled on the half of sandwich and chowder lunch special which included a soft drink. The total was less than a fast food chain, and delicious. I had the roast beef and my husband, the pastrami. Ask for them warm - by toasting them up, the cheese melted and the sandwiches were transformed into yummy treasures.
Make sure to check this place out when in St. Helens.

1  Thank FranklyFrancophile
Reviewed April 22, 2013

Was flying solo for a dog training clinic, which was too bad because I REALLY wanted to try their apple crisp (which you need to order when you place your meal order, as it takes 20 minutes to cook) but it would be too much for me alone!

Also had a hard time picking something from their menu...lots of delicious sounding choices. Finally settled on the fish and chips and bumped it up a notch by ordering the Halibut fish and chips. The waitress was very attentive/cheerful and even suggested a good beer to have with my dinner.

The halibut has to be the best I can recollect ever having...fries were a bit greasy but still very good as well as tasty coleslaw.

I will probably try something different next time I visit (though it will be hard not to choose the halibut again)....oh and they have another 20 minute dessert...a deep dish chocolate chip cookie with vanilla ice cream...might have to try and talk other friends into going so we can try it too!

Reviewed April 8, 2013

The food is always good, some exceptional. The service can sometimes be less than stellar, hence the rating. If I ranted it on food only it would probably be very good. A little crowded on weekends so if its a special occasion definitely make reservations. Wouldn't recommend children

Reviewed March 28, 2013

Love going to the Klondike when I am in St Helens. The seafood is great and if your not too hungry, the smaller items menu is terrific. Tonight I had onion rings and a crab cocktail and both were delicous. I can't wait to take my wife back and try one of their steaks!