See what travelers are saying:
Reviewed September 19, 2012

The manager of this motel is one of nicest person in Oregon probably. If you're a Twilight fan... You will be close to many locations from the first movie, among them Bella Swan's house.
The motel needs some renovations, to be up to my standards and to match the price. The bed was comfortable.

Room tip: Maybe to be less near the street, for the noise or the second floor could be an option.
Date of stay: September 2012
  • Trip type: Traveled with friends
1  Thank leeloo9999
ABVI-SH, General Manager at Americas Best Value Inn St. Helens, responded to this reviewResponded October 11, 2012

Thank you for taking the time to post your review we appreciate your comments. We also appreciate your recommendation of being a "Twilight" hot spot. We will be installing new furniture within the next month. New bathroom ameneties are also in the process of being updated. Thank you for your comments as that helps us to better know our guests needs and gives us an idea how to proceed in our next stages. We appreciate your business and hope to see you on your next stay in St. Helen's.

Reviewed September 3, 2012

I paid $190 for 2 nights which was what I expected for a nice room like the ones pictured on the website. What I got was quite different. When I walked in the first thing I noticed was the linoleum tile floor. No carpet, not even a rug to put your feet on when getting out of bed. Then I went in the bathroom and I noticed there was a small window in the shower that was open. I went to close it and there was no handle or latch. And since there was no screen the moths came in. The toilet rocked when you sat on it and the shower head was at chin level so it was difficult to wash my hair. There was also no convenient place to plug in my hair drier. There were no outlets near the sink. Did I mention the black mildew stains on the shower tile grout? The bed was nice but there were some questionable stains on the bedspread. The room had a nice little fridge, a coffee maker, and a microwave. The problem was that the coffee maker, the microwave and the main lamp for the room were all together so you couldn't plug them all in at once. I realized this when I couldn't get the microwave to work and found that it wasn't plugged in. The bedside lamp had a short in the switch. I got it to work once, but not again. While I was trouble shooting the lamp I found a huge stain on the back of the lamp shade. It did go well with all the huge stains on the two chairs in the room. It had a nice TV but all the wires and cables just hung down in a mess below it.

I would have complained and asked for another room, but I knew that there was a dog show and a pirate festival going on that weekend and the gal at the front desk mentioned they also had a wedding party staying there. I figured that there wouldn't be another room available. They could have at least offered to give me a discount and apologized for the condition of the room. Usually when you check out they ask how your stay was. I would have said something then but when I dropped off my keys at the front desk the gal just said, "Thanks." I think that the waitresses from the restaurant also work the front desk.

The restaurant was fantastic! The only thing I didn't like was that they make the waitresses tell every customer about some unrelated special. I was told that seniors get free coffee on Tuesdays. It was Sunday and I'm just in town for the weekend. I wont be here on Tuesday and do I really look that old? I think I should have been insulted, but I know it wasn't the waitresses fault. I'm sure she has to say that to everyone. They do the same sort of thing where I work and I hate it.

Room tip: Ask a lot of question about the room, like; is there carpet or rugs, do all the windows close, is the toilet bolted to the floor?
Date of stay: September 2012
  • Trip type: Traveled solo
5  Thank Vicki G
ABVI-SH, General Manager at Americas Best Value Inn St. Helens, responded to this reviewResponded September 9, 2012

Thank you for taking the time to post your review, we greatly appreciate the opportunity to address your stay with us. We are currently in the process of remodeling our hotel rooms which means that not all of the rooms are completed. We try to let every guest know when we do not have any more remodeled rooms available. It was a busy weekend and our only other option would have been not to rent it. The price that you were charged was a lowered non-remodeled room rate and the lowest rate in town on a booked weekend. Although it was a very busy weekend we would have taken the time to make it right if given the opportunity. Currently we are working on installing new bathtubs, showers and surrounds in all of the rooms and installing brand new furniture. If you will allow us to accommodate your lodging needs in the future we would respectfully like to invite you to stay in one of our remodeled rooms and share with us your comments. We welcome the opportunity to show you the type of stay that we are working hard to accomplish. Again, thank you for your feedback.

Reviewed August 28, 2012

had our wedding and reception here... We loved it .. Great service, both in the rooms and the catering.... awesome people great staff... they worked really hard to make sure we had what we needed to make this day go smoothly.... very happy....

• Trip type: Traveled with family
2  Thank edna h

Thank you for taking the time and commenting about your experience. Our entire staff would also like to say congratulations to you and your husband! We are very pleased to hear that your big day went great and that your stay was comfortable. We appreciate your business and we look forward to accommodating any of your lodging or catering needs in the future.

Reviewed August 17, 2012 via mobile

Whatever positive review I might have made is completely offset by the drunken partying full time residents living here. I finally had enough and called the front desk, but someone answered with "the lounge" instead. fortunately I had earplugs and was able to get some sleep. I will not be staying here again, period. Keep driving.

Date of stay: August 2012
Joe K, Owner at Americas Best Value Inn St. Helens, responded to this reviewResponded August 23, 2012

Thank you for taking the time to share with us your experience, we understand the importance of this situation and without the help of your comments we would not be able to improve guest service. Since your review we have been focusing on ways to improve staff training to better be attentive to this type of situation. We respectfully invite you as a future guest to try us again as we continue our efforts in making each stay a positive experience.

Reviewed August 12, 2012

The rate was $50 less than the Best Western. There are only two inns in town. At first glance I was concerned. It was not a new place and it showed with lights out in its neon sign and no symbol of the Americas Best Value Inn logo although recognizable from the photos online we knew we had the right place. Some not all rooms are remodeled. The first room we were given was not. Luckily it only had one bed and we needed two, which was quickly corrected by the friendly team working the front desk. We stayed in room 20 which had two comfy beds, a table and two chairs squeezed in, small refrig, microwave, flat screen tv with a lot of cable channel options, a generous number of quality towels, pergo floors in restroom and was very clean. The air conditioning was quick to cool the room down on a very warm evening. A lounge and restaurant are on property. Sunday buffet setup at 8:30am. $10 gift card to use at restaurant was included with room.

Date of stay: August 2012

Thank you for taking the time to post your review we appreciate your feedback. We are very pleased and excited to report that our new exterior America's Best Value Inn sign will be installed within the next few weeks. We are continuing our efforts in remodleing our property. Thank you for giving us the opportunity to fulfill your lodging expectations. We appreciate your business and hope that you choose America's Best Value Inn in the future.