“Our new benchmark”
Review of C. H. Bailey House

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Roseburg
C. H. Bailey House
Ranked #1 of 7 Roseburg B&B and Inns
GreenLeadersGold level
chicago illinois
“Our new benchmark”
Reviewed May 21, 2013

We stay at many B&B's and often find a new one we think is our favorite. The search is over. This home and the innkeepers combine for a perfect experience. I'm afraid to be too effusive to be believed! The surroundings are beautiful and peaceful, near wineries. There are lovely gardens, a hot tub, cozy front porch with soothing music piped out. The home has much local history and the four rooms are charming without being over-decorated. Common areas are also tastefully decorated and restful. The breakfast was plentiful, creative and served graciously. Our next B&B has a high bar to reach. We are already cooking up another trip to Oregon wine country from Chicago so we can stay here again.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
CH_Bailey_House, Owner at C. H. Bailey House, responded to this review, May 22, 2013
Your review is so, so nice. Thank you from the bottom of our hearts. We enjoyed hosting you! Come back soon. Cheers!

Portland, Oregon
Reviewed May 20, 2013

We thought the house/grounds were beautiful. We stayed in the Umpqua Room and it was lovely. Looked out over the front yard. Lawn games available in the backyard and complimentary wine and snacks were such a great addition. The hosts were very gracious! We didn't see them much but they were very personable when we did, as were their pets. We felt very comfortable during our stay and never felt pressured to "hang out" or hide. Other guests were also very courteous and friendly. We could come and go as we please and the hot tub was available all the time. Would have been great star-gazing had the clouds not poured in. Breakfast was amazing. The coffee is the only critique we have of the place. We would definitely return!

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you so much for your complimentary review. We really appreciate you taking the time to write a review. Sorry about the coffee - some mornings it is amazing and other mornings it is mediocre. I'm not sure why. I think it might be the way I hold my head when I pour the water in - ha! Cheers!
Reviewed May 5, 2013 via mobile

Lovely home, and beautiful grounds and landscaping. Very sweet young family. The rooms are clean and well appointed, and comfortable. Enjoyed the hot tub and the complimentary wine and beer. Sherry delivered fresh coffee outside the room in the morning, and breakfast was wonderful. We really Ives our stay would xdefinitely recommend this B&B to others

• Stayed May 2013
Medford, Oregon
Reviewed May 1, 2013

This is run by a very accommodating young family. We arrived on motorcycle and they even offered us the use of their barn to park the bike. This is a hundred year old house that has been painstakingly restored. The views are amazing. The hot tub felt great after a day of hiking into waterfalls on the way from Crater Lake. They even provide free wine! The bed was perfect. Breakfast was outstanding. Rooms were clean, charming, and spacious. The views are amazing.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Pennington, New Jersey
Reviewed April 28, 2013

I absolutely love the C.H. Bailey House. This, my second visit, was on a recent Sunday evening. I arrived about 5 p.m.following a weekend spent in Bend with my son. Sherry greeted me warmly reminded me where everything was and left me to get settled. I was in the Conleycott Room which is at the back of the house with a view to the garden-the flowers were "ahead" of what I left in NJ and were beautiful. (I had stayed in the Umpqua Room last year on vacation with my husband -both are lovely-the Umpqua room is larger and looks out to the front). I proceeded to pour myself a glass of (complimentary) wine (from one of the many wineries in the area), grabbed my book and headed out to the front porch and spent a wonderful couple of hours reading and relaxing--the scenery is spectacular-rolling hills-all shades of green this time of year.

Breakfast the next morning was delicious. I'm not sure I remember this correctly but there were strawberries in balsamic vinegar with pepper (?) to start -not a combination I'd ever heard of-amazingly good.

As I didn't have to be anywhere until the middle of the afternoon, Sherry was nice enough to let me to stay past the normal 11 a.m. check out time since my room was not reserved for that following evening.

The house is not hard to find if you follow the directions but it is definitely "off the beaten path". I arrived off Route 138 and then headed south when I left- a beautiful 10 mile ride which puts you on the I-5 at Exit 113. Either way you arrive you will be happy you made a reservation and found your way to the C. H. Bailey House.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled solo
Walnut Creek, California
Reviewed January 3, 2013

We stayed at CH Baileys B&B a few weeks ago and were totally pleased with every aspect of our stay. The only thing wrong is we didnt stay longer then the 3 nights we were there. Sherrys breakfast is second to none, food was OUTSTANDING. Thank you Sherry and Jay for the beautiful memories.

Gregg and Maria

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
CH_Bailey_House, Owner at C. H. Bailey House, responded to this review, January 5, 2013
Thank you for your kind review. We really appreciate you taking the time to write a review. It really means a lot to us and our business. We look forward to your return. Cheers!
Livonia, Michigan
Reviewed November 8, 2012

My mom and I stayed in the Melton room for one night on our way fom Crater Lake NP to the Oregon coast. I wish we had been able to stay longer. It was such a nice retreat after a smokey couple of days @ Crater Lake.

Our room was clean, comfy and in a great loction in the corner of the upper floor. It afforded us some wonderful views of the surrounding countryside which was beautiful. Complimentary beverages were just outside room, as well as wine and cookies in the breakfast room on the first floor.

Sherry was the consumate host and we felt that her niceness was genuine. We signed up for the breakfast time of our choice on the blackboard upstairs and headed down in the morning. What a truly gourmet breakfast with wonderful flavor. After a walk around the serene grounds, we were on our way having been so greatful to have had the opportunity to meet Sharry and the furry critters.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
CH_Bailey_House, Owner at C. H. Bailey House, responded to this review, November 9, 2012
Thank you for your lovely review. We love the title! We hope you can return. Cheers to you and your mom. Sherry
Also consider these accommodations in or near Roseburg
Windmill Inn of Roseburg
#7 of 15 in Roseburg
Wildlife Inn
Wildlife Inn
#1 of 2 in Winston

Been to C. H. Bailey House? Share your experiences!